Is anyone else goign through the same?

Mrs KK

Reaction score
Hello, I am really new to this and although I have read lots of your comments and replies I though I would give it a try too.
I am 29 and on the 4th September 2014 discovered I was pregnant. My husband and I were so over joyed!
On the 15th September I started have brown spotting - I was so worried I was referred fro an early scan the next day. We saw our little baby at 5 weeks 6 days and a heart beat. They told me all was well and they could see no reason for any spotting so to relax and enjoy being pregnant.
Even though we saw the heartbeat I felt worried still I cannot explain why. Two days later I began bleeding like a very light period I called the EPU and they said not to worry the baby was fine on the scan so just to relax. A week later I was still bleeding and so i called again. They told me that all was fine but I was a little pushy as I was so scared so they agreed to let me have another scan. They then comfirmed that we had lost our baby and that there was no sign of a pregnancy at all. The very next day the bleeding stopped and all my systoms had completely vanished
It felt like everything had shattered and I am a total failure! It was such a strange feeling. I felt like I had taken this tiny baby away from my husband. My husband has been such a rock and to be honest this whole experience has brought us closer together I love him even more! We vowed to stay strong and try to take positives from the situation and of course keep trying.
Now 3 weeks on I really want my period to come as I just want to get back to a normal cycle.
I thought my period was here as on Sunday as my husband had some brown spots of blood on him after we had intercourse and the next few days i have had yellowy light brown spotting/discharge.
For the past two weeks ive been getting really light headaches above one eye, I am feeling bloated and my appitite has reduced. I am hungry then when I start eating I am full. I have completely gone off cocacola tea and coffee. I am also very snappy and feel like my moods are very changeable!
Has anyone else experienced this after a miscarriage? I really have no one else to talk to as I am trying to act normal and be my usual self with family and friends. Those I know wtih children have thankfully never experienced a miscarriage.
Any advice will be much appreciated as I just feel like its all in my head and like I am probably being impatient and should just wait as my period will come when ready.
xxxx

YES, ME! I actually had a D&C after so I'm not sure how the spotting works after a natural mc, but as far as the symptoms, yes indeed. Your hormones are trying to find "a new normal". After pregnancy happens, hormonally you are not the same. Your hormones surge then dive then surge again then are stagnant then dive, it's just a real rollercoaster, so once something happens like a mc, birth, etc. your body has to get back balanced but it's not the same level as before you experienced conception. About a week before I got my first AF after the MC, I was sooooo emotional. I was super happy, then 5 sec later, super sad. I was getting an attitude with my husband for no reason at all. I didn't want to eat anything, which one of the reasons why we got into it, because he was constantly telling me I need to eat. My problem was I wasn't hungry. I don't know if that's going to be my new normal before AF going forward, but it never was a symptom before. Definitely understand

Thank you so much for your reply. I am sorry you are going through this too! I actually got my period at the weekend and it was so heavy for two days and now has gone back to a bit of spotting. I was crying just before it came too and having moods that were all over the place and since my heavy few days I am feeling so much better. I was so happy when it arrived as I feel like its helping me move on from the miscarriage. I am hoping that things will calm down now. I so badly just want to feel like me again and dare I say it since coming on my period I am feeling less like an angry bear and more me :) Thank you again for sharing its so hard not knowing who to talk to .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->