Is anyone else keeping it a secret?

m0mmyCool

Me, OH, and our 2 boys.
Reaction score
I decided that I don't wanna tell anyone until I start to show. I'm afraid that everyone will think I'm crazy for having a 3rd, and I wanna make sure everything is alright before my LOs know. Idk how long OH can keep it up because he's already dying to tell his family.

We are planning to wait until probably 10 weeks at least with this one. We told at 10 weeks with our last one but then had a mmc and had to untell everyone.
Hopefully this time I can get a scan around 10 weeks to be sure everything is fine before telling our parents. Probably will just start showing up at social events pregnant instead of making a grand announcement.

I waited till right before my ten week appointment with my last one and then had MC was a blessing I still held off on telling the little ones though as it was hard enough to go through... I recently became pregnant again and want to share but im nervous....

We never really "announced" the last two times, but just told people as it came up. I'm not comfortable out right lying to people so I'll be honest when it comes up. We did sign our Christmas cards with "and Baby Lastname" so that was an announcement I guess. We do picture cards for Christmas now since my son was born so it'll likely just be obvious I'm expecting in the picture we send out.

I'm fine telling the people that I'd tell about a miscarriage anyway, but my husband prefers to keep it more under wraps. But he knows I won't lie if someone asks a related questions, so a few people have found out already...

We're waiting until our first scan, and then we'll talk again after that about what we want to do. I really want to hear a heartbeat and ask the doctor questions before we start telling parents. That appointment won't be until I'm over 9 weeks.

We're keeping it to ourselves until we see the heartbeat (I had to stop myself from making that plural lol)

At 7 weeks the only people that know are our parents, three friends that are over pretty much every single day and my coworker/work friend. My son's 2nd birthday party I will be 11 weeks and we have a plan to have him open a present from the 'stork' announcing he will be a big brother to the rest of our family. Then I will just play it by ear with the people at work lol.

I did with daughter except my mom. I told my mom after I saw the heartbeat and told other people once I was showing and as I saw them...so most b/t 24 and 26 weeks. I loved keeping it all to myself. Oh, and some of my friends who I'm not very close with anymore, but get together with occasionally didn't know until I showed up at a luncheon with daughter when she was, I think, 8 months.

last time we told everyone right away, and i had a blighted ovum at 9 weeks. it was uncomfortable and stressful for me to deal with people's pity and "i'm sorry's." but that's just me. this time, we are waiting.

i have told my parents and my best friend, but if something were to happen, i would need their emotional support. we haven't told the in-laws or any other friends yet.

There's a girl that lives in my town that is friends with my SIL, she apparently dropped off the face of the earth for 9 months and all of a sudden one day she posted a pic of her holding a newborn in the hospital. No one had any idea she was pregnant lol.

We're not telling until after the anatomy scan (around 20 weeks). Then we will be able to spill the beans about the gender too.

For us we've told immediate family, and will be telling a couple of very close friends. Told the same people with DS, but with him we told good friends that we saw frequently when I was 8 weeks as we were struggling to hide it. This time we'll be holding off longer, likely after the 12 week scan.

We've told clos family but likely waiting until our 20 week scan to tell anyone else. Or maybe longer if we don't feel like it lol

Im not telling anyone until after my 20 week scan. And for the same reasons, but number 4 for me. The only people ill be telling is my immediate family and my best friend. This baby wasn't planned and I'm just not waiting to here all the annoying comments.

Im not telling anyone until after my 20 week scan. And for the same reasons, but number 4 for me. The only people ill be telling is my immediate family and my best friend. This baby wasn't planned and I'm just not waiting to here all the annoying comments.

I feel you on that... considering our youngest is not even 5 months old I can just imagine all the comments we're going to get.

For those waiting until after the 20 week scan... Are you actively trying to hide the baby bump or just not acknowledging it and assuming no one is going to ask because it's rude to do so?

I'm not even 8 weeks and I'm obviously pregnant. I know it's just bloat now but it'll just turn into real bump eventually. I'd feel a little odd acting like I'm not pregnant when I obviously am... A friend never mentioned her pregnancy that was becoming very obvious when we were both pregnant with our sons. I appreciate her right to her privacy but I just felt silly acting like I couldn't see her growing belly. She's done the same with her second and it's hard not to congratulate or ask after her to see if she needs help with the toddler. But I'm not going to bring it up if she doesn't first!

Just wondering how y'all hide it for so long!

I had a scan last week at 10+4 and we saw a strong heartbeat (171bpm) but I still cannot bring myself to tell people. I wish I could just hide it until baby is born but I guess people will start asking if all goes well and I start showing.

For those waiting until after the 20 week scan... Are you actively trying to hide the baby bump or just not acknowledging it and assuming no one is going to ask because it's rude to do so?

I'm not even 8 weeks and I'm obviously pregnant. I know it's just bloat now but it'll just turn into real bump eventually. I'd feel a little odd acting like I'm not pregnant when I obviously am... A friend never mentioned her pregnancy that was becoming very obvious when we were both pregnant with our sons. I appreciate her right to her privacy but I just felt silly acting like I couldn't see her growing belly. She's done the same with her second and it's hard not to congratulate or ask after her to see if she needs help with the toddler. But I'm not going to bring it up if she doesn't first!

Just wondering how y'all hide it for so long!

If I had local friends, we would probably tell them too as it got really noticeable around 9 weeks for this baby. But I just have family around and we told immediate family for that reason. The only way any of our friends would know is by Facebook so it's been pretty easy to hide from mostly everyone lol that's odd your friend doesnt say anything to people she sees! It gets pretty obvious anyway at some point lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->