Is anyone else Not finding out the Gender?

WannabemomV

Reaction score
My DH and I decided before we were even TTC that we didn't want to find out the sex of the baby until he/she is born. It seems like everyone finds out the gender these days to better prepare for the baby.
Is anyone as old fashion as we are and want the excitement of the surprise?

I don't think we are going to find out. OH wants to leave it a surprise and think I do too x

Me! I don't wanna know, i think it's more exciting when they say you have a baby boy/girl, but each to their own, some people might if they want to prepare and get everything ready and not paint baby room's in neutral colours, but i'm not finding out :)

hi

This is my 3rd baby and I found out with my other two (boy and a girl) I really did bond with them. However 10 years on I am with a different partner now and he really doesn't want to find out and I do!!!! however seeing as i did find out before i am willing to get a surprise this time.....although i should imagine around my 5 month scan I am going to be climbing the walls!!!!

I'm not finding out! I think it's exciting to guess and have conversations with friends about what they think you're having. And it's fun when people say things like: 'you're having a girl because you're carrying wide' or do the ring test on you! :)
I can't wait to hear the words: 'It's a ...!'

Well, I am not sure yet. We have 3 daughters and we would love to have a son but we will be happy with a healthy boy or girl. My husband said he does not want to know because when I was pregnant with my last daughter, we were told twice at 16 weeks that it was a boy. He was so excited to finally get his boy but then when we found out at our 20 week scan that we were having our 3rd girl he was pretty disappointed through the rest of the pregnancy but now our daughter is his little princess and he would not have it any other way. He thinks that he will do the same thing if we find out we are having another girl but if we wait until the baby is born it will not matter either way. He will be madly in love.
I am a very impatient person though who loves to be prepared. I love the idea of waiting but I honestly do not think I can do it. I am going to want the dr to not tell me but just scan over to between the legs and let me see myself. LOL... I have seen enough ultrasounds to know the difference between a boy and girl.
Also, I have been looking around and there is not that much unisex clothes out there.

I didn't find out with my first and I swore I was having a boy. I had a beautiful girl instead. Lol. This time I want to find out but even if they can tell I'm not using it as 100% proof. They are not always right as my friend was told she was having a boy. Bought all blue clothes, cot etc and she had a girl ! X

I am going to buy a going home outfit for a girl and for a boy. I also plan on buying a "new to me" lot of size 0-3 month clothes in boy and in girl. That way when the baby comes home he/she will have gender specific clothes. And I will just resell the lot I don't need. Plus it will give me time to then go out and buy proper outfits.

I don't want to know the sex but DH does. He's a bit of a control freak and since he doesn't have much control over the whole situation, I thought I'd let him have his way. I suppose you can call it a compromise.

I'm not, my sisters found put what they were having and when they went into labour it was like the surprise element had been taken away. I'm quite old fashioned and want the surprise at the labour. This is our first so we will be equally as please with either a boy or girl (we don't agree on any boy names so I reckon it's a boy lol)

I'm not finding too, maybe a selfish reason but hubby doesn't mind yet. And we dicided that after our 22 weeks scan if he wants to know He will wait for me to leave and then ask the Dr and keep it for himself. We have 2 girls and I will love a son. But scare to be desappointed at after a scan if a girl. I prefer to know on delivery I'm sure no matter what sex when I hold my baby I will be full of joy.

i dont want to atm but, my brother partner is due 2 weeks before me and we both like same name, so would feel bad hat if i was to have a girl then they have a boy and cant use that name,, i only want one child so it wouldnt bother me if they used the name,,, but there thinking about using a diffrent name (my bro's name) that way i dont have to find out the sex rather nice of them really but im wondering wether i wanan find out the sex anyways.... can i hold out for a suprise for a whole 9 months lol!
i usually have to know everything same as hubby! were only children so usually know everything that is going on... ( my bro is half bro long story only met him 4 years ago he is older so grew up as an only child)

I'm not going to find out. I have a boy and a girl already so either one is fine. I want the thrill of the excitement in the delivery room. My hubby wants to find out though so we're going to have the sonographer write it down on a piece of paper to give to him. Then he'll have to keep the secret the whole rest of the 20 weeks.

Im not finding out, I did with my DS and it was amazing to bond and call him his name etc but just fancy seeing what its like not finding out this time xxx

I didn't find out with my first two and I'm keeping this one a surprise as well. I thought my son was a girl and I thought my daughter was a boy. I guess my instincts aren't all that great!!

We both decided after I got my BFP that we didn't want to know - I LOVE surprises and I think this has got to be the ultimate surprise!! We had also decided on a boys and girls name before TTC so that's not a problem.
Luckily my friend has given me lots of neutral white and cream 0-3 and newborn babygrows and vests so we can save buying nice boy or girl clothes until later.

I'm not finding out! I think it's exciting to guess and have conversations with friends about what they think you're having. And it's fun when people say things like: 'you're having a girl because you're carrying wide' or do the ring test on you! :)

I'm the same!! I love doing all the silly old wives tale tests to guess the gender - it's all a bit of fun.

I'm convinced it's a boy, even more so after finding a fast HB on the doppler at the weekend which sounded like a train lol!

I have to say I admire you ladies, there is no way I could not find out!..lol.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"