Is anyone else not going gender mad?

rebeccalouise

Reaction score
So, we found out yesterday we're having another little girl, and we're thrilled. However, I've said I don't want pink absolutely everywhere and I'd still quite like to keep things neutral. Am I the only one? Even the nursery is going to be a neutral jungle theme. I'm just not big on loads of pink or loads of blue, I think it's nice to have a mix of colour. :)

:haha: with my boys I was pretty neutral but if this is a girl there will be pink everywhere lol.

My favorite color is pink, so I'm going crazy with pink now, hehe

I've had 9 years of blues or neutrals after my 3 boys.. This is our last pregnancy and a little girl so I do plan to go a little crazy on pink!!😉 not too keen on frills and bows tho! X

I'm definitely not.. I already told everyone no matter what the gender is, I don't want pink or blue everywhere Haha I've already had both so I'm ready for some different colors! :) I love colors like gray and yellow or pastel greens anyway :)

I don't plan on it... However, I don't think I'll be able to help myself :rofl: xxx

I tried to avoid too much pink with dd. Now we have pink table and chairs, pink kitchen, pink ride on, pink dolls pram. Unfortunately I've found it unavoidable with a girly girl daughter and everyone buying her pink (although I've managed to keep her room mostly purple with jungle animals). This baby is a boy and I'm trying to avoid light blue but 99% of boys stuff is blue (I found there was more choice for girls actually).

Boys clothes are so lovely IMO. I'm still drawn to them even though this is a girl. Pink is ok but frills and bows are a big no no! As for the big things,they're all gender neutral as she has two big brothers and her room is staying as it was for her big brother (boat theme) until she tells me what she wants

We bought gender neutral stuff when we had DS with the plan being to have two children and be able to use the big items twice. I love new babies in white though! We are having another boy and ive bought some pale blue, white lemon and mint, and grey bits

As a Gothic Mama, I never thought I would go crazy on pink or blue. But When I found out I was having a little girl with my first pregnancy I had this unbelievable urge to go Pink and ruffles. Now that I am due with another little girl.. That really has not changed. In fact, I will making the nursery even more Princessy than it already is. I thought about going neutral, but to be honest, it all kind of feels wrong and boring.

But, as I always say. To each their own. Everyone has unique ideas and styles. And thats what make the world so interesting.

This is my fourth boy so kinda tired of blue so I've been looking for all neutrals

My plan was not to go crazy over pink stuff but that changed as soon as I started shopping lol I do have some neutral stuff but I ended up with a lot more pink than I planned but I'm ok with it :)

I was sure this baby was a boy and had planned on a light blue nursery with hot air ballons and such... And now that I found I'm having a girl love my nursery idea even more. Love the light blue walls in my head and hot air ballons... I think I will accent with baby pink but it's because I like the color combo lol!

Part of our motivation in staying team yellow was to keep clothes/toys/decor neutral (not boring; colourful and nice, just not all pink or all blue!). Although I've only bought 1 item of clothing for this LO so far :blush:

We will be having quite a bit of blue no matter the gender- we just both like blue.
And we are planning on doing a Winnie the Pooh theme so on top of the blue will be some yellows and greens.

I've never been gender mad, my ds's room is three neutral walls and a gorgeous willow green wall and his nursery was cream with lots of bright Fisher price jungle wall stickers.
This babies nursery is going to be light grey and blue though, just because I saw a picture and it looked really cute!
Clothes wise he wears all sorts, he loves red t shirt most because he thinks he looks like daddy :)

We found out in our two previous pregnancies and I had to have everything in the correct colors for some reason😂
We are thinking of staying team yellow this time, and have already picked out crib bedding that is gorgeous grey and yellow, and an owl theme 😍

We've been told girl but I just don't trust them enough to go all out pink! I bought a few things today, all unisex colours x

This is the first boy for me. There is pink everywhere in my house having had 3 girls before. So I'm going blue crazy 😂😂💙

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->