Is anyone else not going gender mad?

I've bought some pink stuff, but not much, and DD2's nursery will be aqua and coral with cream colored walls. NO PINK!!! :haha:

Her swing will be blue with stars and moons (left over from DS) and her rocker/bouncer is tan with gender neutral colors. After 3 babies, I've come to love the neutral options way more than the gender specific options

Nope. This is my second girl and I'm all about pink, purples and emerald green. I love navy blue on girls but everything's girly. Dresses etc. I'm a girly girl and just love it. Had I have been having a boy, everything would have been baby blue and greys etc

I've tried avoiding pink, however my MIL didn't get that memo .... Think bar a few bits its all pink :(. I'm very greatful to her as she's helped out not end with with clothes for both LOs but I've had to ask people not to buy anything pink as it looked like a marshmallow factory exploded on our sofa while sorting clothes out :(. I found with DS we had alot more colour choose, only problem is that once he hit a certain age everything either has a slogan or superhero on it, which I'm not keen on either lol.

I don't follow the pink=girl, blue=boy thing. I think it would be hypocritical, for me to teach kids that they have to act a certain way, like certain colors and themes based on their genitals. Forget that. I don't live my life wearing pink and having pink everything because I have a vagina. (I don't mean to offend, and I don't judge those who follow a different philosophy than I. It's just how I choose to raise MY kids.)

I do not buy things based on my kids' sexes, except for clothes - mainly. I don't dress my kids in dresses, but I would if they wanted it. My second-born son loves Hello Kitty and is wearing a pink Hello Kitty shirt and shoes right now. His bedding is all Hello Kitty, too. Haha. His favorite color is purple. My oldest son's favorite color is pink. My oldest is begging me to buy him Tinker Bell bedding. I will if I find it on sale. ;) All of my kids (daughter and sons) love cars and baby dolls. :shrug: I don't care at all about what people think of us, although believe me, plenty of strangers think it's their duty to tell me/my kids that we are wrong for living the way we do. My children are so happy, and I wouldn't choose to raise them any other way.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Don't get me wrong, I do like some pink, but I don't want to go OTT and have pink everything! I love colourful, the more colour the better. NEXT have some lovely stuff in at the mo.. It's not all pink, but still girly. :)

I don't follow the pink=girl, blue=boy thing. I think it would be hypocritical, for me to teach kids that they have to act a certain way, like certain colors and themes based on their genitals. Forget that. I don't live my life wearing pink and having pink everything because I have a vagina. (I don't mean to offend, and I don't judge those who follow a different philosophy than I. It's just how I choose to raise MY kids.)

I do not buy things based on my kids' sexes, except for clothes - mainly. I don't dress my kids in dresses, but I would if they wanted it. My second-born son loves Hello Kitty and is wearing a pink Hello Kitty shirt and shoes right now. His bedding is all Hello Kitty, too. Haha. His favorite color is purple. My oldest son's favorite color is pink. My oldest is begging me to buy him Tinker Bell bedding. I will if I find it on sale. ;) All of my kids (daughter and sons) love cars and baby dolls. :shrug: I don't care at all about what people think of us, although believe me, plenty of strangers think it's their duty to tell me/my kids that we are wrong for living the way we do. My children are so happy, and I wouldn't choose to raise them any other way.

Awesome! :thumbup:

My Nephew loved the color pink when he was 3. So he had pink guitars, Spider-Man cake with pink, and pink crocs lol. He also would try on my Niece's dresses and my high heels.

Now he's 11 and is mortified about it, but he's a open minded and an easy going kid.

I personally don't like pink, so if I have another girl she'll most likely be in neutrals. I love Aqua, mint, yellow colors. Also woodland creatures are a cute gender neutral touch.

We're team yellow but if baby is a girl she has 2 big sisters worth of hand me downs which are generally quite girly (not all pink but all obviously girls clothes iykwim) If we have a boy there won't be much they can wear other than the few neutral items we have but I must admit i'd be shopping ASAP for obviously boyish stuff!

Uh I don't really do pink, so a lot of our stuff is unisex, or 'girly' in other ways (I.e floral - love my florals unashamedly). But I bought a baby blanket from the boys section of TK Maxx today (white with bears, foxes and rabbits on it - so pretty unisex in my eyes!). My pushchair is also blue with foxes on it, and all our reusable nappies and bedding so far is totally unisex. Not really intentional, I just like seem to gravitate towards earthy colours over baby blue or pink I guess. And maybe a little part of my doesn't want to be totally mortified if the 20 week prediction was wrong...hah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->