Is anyone else on their 2nd pregnancy but waaaay more nervous than with the first?

Stellae

Reaction score
I think it's a combo of finding out really really early (I got a positive test Sunday, but won't officially miss my period until Friday)and knowing how common chemicals are, and the fact that my cousin lost her daughter at 7 months gestation and had to deliver her. Either way, I am so much more nervous this time around than with my first!!

I don't feel nearly as excited either, but I think a lot of that is because I don't really have symptoms yet and it's also familiar territory.

Overall I just feel kinda blah and stressed about it :-/. I might go buy a test just to see if the line's darker than it was on Sunday lol.

Yes I am more nervous with this one. It's because I was on birth control at the time. So I am itching for my first appointment. It's on Monday and I will be having an ultrasound. I don't know why I feel so nervous because I am having regular and strong symptoms. So that would indicate everything is normal. But a part of me keeps saying not to get my hopes up.

Yes definitely. I think it's because I know a lot more now about what could go wrong, or what to expect. I ended up having an early scan as I was worried for my lack of symptoms. Luckily all ok.

Yes! I've been so anxious this pregnancy :/

Me too, I have loads of bad thoughts, can't get in to c midwife till 19 September which seems like decades away.

I am also dreading birth I know ages to go yet but the thought of doing it again scares the heck out of me.

I'm more nervous in a lot of ways with this pregnancy, maybe because last time was unplanned and I was all my own whereas this baby is very much wished for and I have a partner so it would be devastating to both of us if anything bad happened.

Oddly, with my first I had spotting and got bloods and an ultrasound done when I was 6 weeks which I reassured me but this time around that hasn't happened and waiting until the 12 week scan just seems to be taking forever.

I'm also more nervous because I had a horrible labour and delivery last time that ended in a c section so I'm constantly weighing up whether to try for a VBAC or not.

Me me me! I have an almost 10 year old son & with his pregnancy I was naive & only 19, so I didn't have much to worry about. That pregnancy AND labor was absolutely perfect. I didn't get morning sickness, had no complications, gave birth just fine without meds. But I feel like this time around is much different. I've been feeling awful, have some health complications & I am SUPER nervous about labor! :(

Me me me! I have an almost 10 year old son & with his pregnancy I was naive & only 19, so I didn't have much to worry about. That pregnancy AND labor was absolutely perfect. I didn't get morning sickness, had no complications, gave birth just fine without meds. But I feel like this time around is much different. I've been feeling awful, have some health complications & I am SUPER nervous about labor! :(

Omg this is so much like my situation! With Connor, I was 18 and a bit of an idiot, to put it bluntly. Pregnancy and labour were easy. This time, pregnancy is awful, and I more than anything want a little baby bundle in 30 weeks time!

Me too. My symptoms don't seem so strong this time but I don't know if my memory from before has been warped! Plus I am a lot more aware of mc and mmc and know lots of people who have gone through this whereas I didn't before. And having a lively toddler and physically active job I don't feel I've had time to stop and absorb it even though I found out at 4wks and last time it was 5.5 weeks. I'm probably going to book a private scan for 8/9 weeks for reassurance.

Me too! I agree that part of it is because our first was unplanned, but this is such a desperately wanted, obsessed over, and tried for baby, so if anything went wrong it would be devastating on several levels. Plus I know so much more now about mmc, ectopics, etc!!
I do think I'm just a bit of a neurotic maniac in pregnancy though :haha: i recommend an early scan!!

Yes! I'm also having horrible dreams almost every night, even though my sympyoms are there and I'm already showing. Uuuggghhh why can't my pregnancies be stress free!

I am more nervous this pregnancy than I was on my first.. But I am a lot older now too. I was 21 with my first and now I am 37 pregnant with my second... You read all this crazy stuff about being older and pregnant that it's got me a little freaked out at times. I have decided to just to stop with all the fear mongering articles and just go with the pregnancy. :)

I'm so relieved to see so many people in the same boat!!! I'm dreading labor already... and I just missed my period officially today lol! They had to use forceps to deliver my son and he was little, only 5 lbs 12 oz (and not a preemie, which had me soooooo worked up over what I must have done wrong for him to be so little). I'm afraid if the next one is any bigger it'll have to be a c-section. My mom had a similar situation with my oldest sibling and that turned into an emergency c-section, so I'm really scared my next one will end up the same!

I am very nervous this time because of an early miscarriage a few months ago and a friend who has just had a miscarriage. I am seeing my doctor on Thursday and hopefully beg for an early scan because I think if I see a heartbeat I should be able to relax a bit more. Strangely I am not worried about the birth even though it was quite traumatic last time. Just praying to get to 12 weeks at the moment :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->