Is anyone else scared.....

Munchkin30

1 DD,2 losses, Pregnant!!
Reaction score
..... About how big they're going to get??

I had my first growth scan this week at 28 weeks and baby was estimated to be 2.6lbs ish which is about average for this stage .

My daughter was 6lb 9 at 42 weeks but that's technically small for dates. If this baby stays at this rate it'll be 3 times as big as it is now!! I'm only 5ft 1 with a short waist and I'm already getting really uncomfortable. I never felt massive with my daughter but there's still such a long way to go for this bump. Will I even be able to walk by 40 weeks?!?

Anyone else scared?!?

..... About how big they're going to get??

I had my first growth scan this week at 28 weeks and baby was estimated to be 2.6lbs ish which is about average for this stage .

My daughter was 6lb 9 at 42 weeks but that's technically small for dates. If this baby stays at this rate it'll be 3 times as big as it is now!! I'm only 5ft 1 with a short waist and I'm already getting really uncomfortable. I never felt massive with my daughter but there's still such a long way to go for this bump. Will I even be able to walk by 40 weeks?!?

Anyone else scared?!?

In my experience and with other friends pregnancies, the scans are usually overestimating size by 1lb. My friend was induced because the her OB advised it due to size, but guess what? The baby was 1lb smaller that what the OB said.

I always worry i'll have a 9 lb+ baby, but then. . . i think women give birth vaginally to 9 pound babies all the time. if they can do it, so can i!

I'm a little scared. My first daughter was 9lbs 10oz and I had a really tough labor only to end up with a C-section. My dr wants me to try vaginally and I am really nervous because of my experience last time. . So far this baby is measuring right on and not ahead, so that is a good sign.

Not scared, but I do seem to be getting bigger faster this time. That's normal though.

I actually don't think I'm as big as I should be but everyone keeps telling me that I look good for how far along I really am. My first was 7lbs7oz and I was huge... So I'm actually worried this little guy will be smaller.

I've given birth to a 6lber and a 4lber and at 32 weeks my baby is already measuring 6lb with 8 WEEKS TO GO!!!!!!

Terrified? Fuck yes! I'm going to give birth to Augustus gloop. Lol. Nah I'm researching lots and getting prepared for this birth, I've recently read so many stories of women who birth big babies with no complications, i have faith in my body and my pelvis and i CAN do this, my body won't make a baby i can't deliver, i will stay active and focused, my first labours were tough and i used every ounce of mental and emotional strength to get through them, i can do it again.

Plus scans can be wrong, a midwife had a good feel around and said baby does indeed feel big but then later she said 8lbs is nothing to deliver, so if that was her guesstimate then maybe it will be something between that and the scan results (which would be 10lb at term).

The pregnancy is killing me though. I look monstrous, I'm so big. My stretchmarks from my previous pregnancies have been exploding further since around 30 weeks. I can barely walk with backpain and am very immobile. I just have no idea how I'm going to last anothet 7 weeks.

2.6lbs at 28 weeks is right on average and equates to around 7lb at 40 weeks so that's really not much bigger than your previous baby. You'll be okay!!! Find some positive affirmations!!!

Yep my scan at 32 weeks predicts a baby that weighs 11lbs at 40 weeks:(

I have another scan a week tomorrow I am hoping for a slightly better plot on the chart
not that I can do anything about it he has to come out ... I plan to use gravity to my advantage when in labor

Yup! My 1st was predicted at 8 lbs and he came out as a whopping 10 lbs 1 oz and 23 inches long (not at all fat!). My 2nd was a girl and she came out weighing 8 lbs 6 oz but delivery was so much more painful as well. This one in me now was kicking really strong at 17 weeks which makes me nervous about his size and strength. I think my ribs will be turned into mush by the time he is born and he simply feels heavy. I am worried I am having another baby dinosaur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->