Is anyone else starting to panic over this coronavirus?

HLx

Mummy to Layla, George & Enzo <3
Reaction score
Might just be because I'm suffering with serious anxiety at the minute, but I'm scared of the kids catching it and becoming seriously ill, you hear of so many deaths...

Please tell me I'm not alone!!

I'm sorry to hear you're so anxious at the moment. As far as covid 19 goes I think we can all only do so much - washing hands whenever we come home, especially if you've been using public transport, washing before you eat. The info that's out there at the moment suggests that children are by far the least affected (if they have no underlying health conditions) so I'm not really worrying about the children and young people in my house.

I’m also panicking! Being pregnant makes it so much worse with the idea of going to hospital (there is a case there now) to deliver and bringing in a newborn! But from the limited info there is Out there children (including newborns) seem to 1) not get it as much and 2) get it mildly! Doesn’t stop me wanting to lock my DD and OH in the house with me though!

I think my biggest fear right now is having it when I deliver and being separated from baby for 14 days

Yeah I'm not at all worried about me getting it, but I worry about getting it and passing it to my children, I'm always washing my hands anyway thats just normal behaviour, but I tend to catch everything going around, I'm weary wherever I go if I see someone sneeze I walk in the opposite direction :haha:

I am a bit. I think the media are causing a lot of panic though. My DH has a bad cold at the moment and I'm hoping it's not the start of the Coronavirus!

Eeek I hope not too bev! Even hand sanitizer is sold out near me :haha:

Now James has come down with something. High temperature and no energy or appetite :(

There's no hand sanitizer for sale near us either!

I'm not too concerned about it just yet. The media is not helping at all. Lots of scaremongering going on. Especially on social media. My eldest is celebrating her 16th birthday Tuesday and has gone to tenerife with my mum for 5 days. If she gets sick I will then worry xx

I am not worried whatsoever. I am, however, angry at the insane media hype YET AGAIN over another virus.

Please keep in mind who is benefitting from terrifying us all (HINT: it's not US). My best friend is a pharmacist and researcher into infectious disease and vaccine developments, and she could not be less concerned about those of us who are young/younger and overall in good health. She IS concerned about older people with underlying health conditions (who are basically the only people who have died from this) but that's a concern all the time no matter WHAT is "going around", virus-wise.

Do you know what they HAVEN'T told us? There are drugs that were developed in the early 2000s that they found worked for SARS that incidentally also work to treat COVID 19. Most people who contract COVID 19 WILL NOT EVEN KNOW IT because it resembles a bad cold with a fever. For young kids, it's not even as bad as Influenza A (which is also going around in my area, but there is a vaccine, and Flu A is old news, so there's no power over the people when it comes to fear mongering).

Listen, it would suck to get coronavirus. and then you'd get better (unless you are old and/or immunocompromised, in which case take much higher precautions). Your healthy kids might get miserably sick and then they'd get better. In hospitals, there are scary bugs all over the place. Not to mention MRSA, Pertussis, and a whole host of other awful diseases we don't even know about. And for the most part, people know how to handle that. They are neurotic in hospitals about sanitation and quarantine. You are safe there.

Compared to COVID 19, you are at a MUCH higher risk of injury or death every single time you get in a car, but where's the hype around that? There is none, for obvious reasons.

Stay sane. Stay calm. Don't allow biased media sources to hijack your mind and your life. This will pass and then we'll panic about the next thing. You will be ok.

88280840_199153617842052_345921394778832896_n.jpg

Oh god me ! It’s kicked my anxiety off a bit too .

I was worried about it coming to the U.K. but now it’s in our city I am terrified of one of the kids getting it ! I’ve stopped going to play groups because of it .

I am also worried about people going mental and not being able to get essentials and stuff like nappies wipes . I am not one to stock up on things but if it carries on spreading like it is ( which I am sure it will) I’m going to get a few more things in , just to avoid the shops if anything and only do the school run!

The media defiantly doesn’t help but I can’t stop checking to see what’s going on. I know a few people who said they wasn’t initially worried but now they are.

For now try stay calm , carry on and wash hands.

No hand sanitizer near me either . Selling out soon as it comes in !

Oh god me ! It’s kicked my anxiety off a bit too .

I was worried about it coming to the U.K. but now it’s in our city I am terrified of one of the kids getting it ! I’ve stopped going to play groups because of it .

I am also worried about people going mental and not being able to get essentials and stuff like nappies wipes . I am not one to stock up on things but if it carries on spreading like it is ( which I am sure it will) I’m going to get a few more things in , just to avoid the shops if anything and only do the school run!

The media defiantly doesn’t help but I can’t stop checking to see what’s going on. I know a few people who said they wasn’t initially worried but now they are.
I'm so sorry your anxiety is hyping up, that's rotten. Don't get yourself worried about bulk buying baby stuff, its really only the past 20 years that wipes have existed, the world has managed for thousands of years with water on a cloth for cleaning during changes, and if the worst happened and there were no nappies just take to folded towels (much like your grandparents would have used). Would it help your anxiety to have a bit of a plan written down 'just in case'. Sort of 'if I run out of this I can use that', 'if I can't go there I can go here'- that sort of thing? I'm sure there are lots of us on here whole have practical ways of overcoming just about anything that could arise if that helps.

Its actually pissing me off now, my home bargains has run out on sanitizer and low stock on hand wash...SINCE WHEN HAS HAND WASHING BEEN THE NEW CRAZE, it disgusts me, that now people have decided to start washing their hands because of this, I'm a germophobe so I wash my hands about 30,000 times a day anyway and always carry bottles of sanitizer in my changing bag, it's what I've always done, even before coronavirus came about, and now I cant get any because people have decided now they should wash their hands, and I am fuming not to mention disgusted! :haha:

It hasn't reached my area yet, but it is about 45 mins to an hour away, and I'm still convinced this is all staged by the government, even though I am a little frightened by it, but I'm not just frightened of Coronavirus, I'm scared of any illness, it's just me and who I am, if it comes to my area though, I am quarantining myself:haha:

Even my partner who's a manager of aldi has said they have stopped the sale of hand sanitizer, and it's only available for staff to buy, he cant believe it, they've never done that before because that is losing them a bit of money in a time like this, I may see if he can grab me a few bottles come to think of it :haha:

It's annoying isn't it. Why does it take something like this for people to actually start washing their hands?! :wacko:

I can only hope the sudden hygiene habit that everyone has developed continues beyond covid 19, if so we might find a dramatic drop in the number of cold and flue cases through the year!

I'm so sorry your anxiety is hyping up, that's rotten. Don't get yourself worried about bulk buying baby stuff, its really only the past 20 years that wipes have existed, the world has managed for thousands of years with water on a cloth for cleaning during changes, and if the worst happened and there were no nappies just take to folded towels (much like your grandparents would have used). Would it help your anxiety to have a bit of a plan written down 'just in case'. Sort of 'if I run out of this I can use that', 'if I can't go there I can go here'- that sort of thing? I'm sure there are lots of us on here whole have practical ways of overcoming just about anything that could arise if that helps.

Thanks Rags, I generally worry and over think things anyway. I’ve actually wrote a list of things we can do / use instead, thanks for the suggestion ! I’m sure we will all be fine ! I just worry about the ifs and buts which is annoying! Thank you x

I can only hope the sudden hygiene habit that everyone has developed continues beyond covid 19, if so we might find a dramatic drop in the number of cold and flue cases through the year!

Totally agree !!

Like HLX I always carry hand sanitizer , even a small first aid kit ! Have done since having kids! I know a lot of people who don’t wash their hands after using the bathroom / smoking and it’s disgusting !

Totally agree !!

Like HLX I always carry hand sanitizer , even a small first aid kit ! Have done since having kids! I know a lot of people who don’t wash their hands after using the bathroom / smoking and it’s disgusting !

Eww! :sick:

Totally agree !!

My Ds's school have been going over covid 19 related stuff with the children all week, he comment that they keep telling them that it's not something to worry about but then talking about it more. I asked if he was worrying and he said everyone else on the class was but he wasn't because he already knew all the things they are being told - and really they should always have been washing their hands before eating! He's about to turn 10

I was speaking to a pal in Ireland last night, her Ds came home from school with a carona virus 'pack', I was amazed thinking it would contain hand sanitizer, a mask, some gloves maybe... no, it was two weeks worth of homework to have in the house in case they decide to close the schools at short notice (he was gutted!!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->