Is anyone else starting to panic over this coronavirus?

I was speaking to a pal in Ireland last night, her Ds came home from school with a carona virus 'pack', I was amazed thinking it would contain hand sanitizer, a mask, some gloves maybe... no, it was two weeks worth of homework to have in the house in case they decide to close the schools at short notice (he was gutted!!!)

I can't believe that's the first thing schools think of. As if kids aren't already under enough pressure :(

I can only hope the sudden hygiene habit that everyone has developed continues beyond covid 19, if so we might find a dramatic drop in the number of cold and flue cases through the year!

Omg exactly!!! It pisses me off that hand washing is now 'important'

My daughter is 8 and apparently has been taught in school to make sure they sneeze Into a tissue and wash their hands afterwards to stop the spread of any germs... my daughter came home confused why they are teaching that, as that's what you're supposed to do anyway even with a common cold not just for Coronavirus, I just told her to keep doing it, surely handwashing in schools is taught anyway especially earlier in foundation phase, but my daughter is first year juniors and still got this topic brought up, it confused her so much as she is another germophobe. My son is the one to watch, hes only 5 but hes more than happy to use the toilet and run off without washing his hands, I quickly send him back to the bathroom!

Your son makes me laugh[-X:D
My son isn't a germaphobe but he quickly worked out when he was about 3 or so that if he did the toilet then pulled up his pants and trousers before washing his hands he'd be spreading whatever was on them so at home he always washes before pulling everything up - I'm sure it's why he refuses to use the toilet at school, as its urinals and even if he used the stall he'd need to leave it to get to the sink.

Oh gosh ! My girls school is terrible they never close , we had a bad case of the vomiting bug going through the whole school I mean it was awful teachers off , classes closed for deep clean but nope the school stayed open , everyone was livid! There’s been no mention in our school of it

DD1 said she and a few of the other kids were worried about it because they have heard people taking about it so their teacher had a class meeting . I’ve told her about it too in terms she can understand .

The good thing is if it came to my small town, the schools would close without a doubt! Still having trouble getting hand sanitizer, it's really bothering me now :haha: Ebay ate selling sanitizers for extortionate prices when they are usually the same ones for 99p :haha:

And TOILET ROLL its low stock everywhere! What the hell is happening to the world! I guess if your quarantined for 14 days at home you need plenty of toilet roll :haha:

It’s apparently in two of my local hospitals ! People are going crazy with the loo roll.

News - experts think in two weeks we might be in a similar situation to Italy . I’m seriously thinking about buying two weeks worth of our usual weekly shop and the end of next week if things carry on like this !

I’m not surprised your worried with being pregnant . Try and limit the amount of contact you have with people if your worried and just general hygiene x

I can't believe how quickly shops are running out of everything. I'm not feeling well at the moment (not Coronavirus!) and it took me ages to get Lemsip ( paracetamol) because the shelves everywhere were empty!

oh god Bev hope your feeling better soon . I can’t even get calpol for DS for his teething !

It's awful! I'm definitely going to do a big cupboard and freezer stock just incase the UK goes into lockdown like italy! Tbh I wouldn't mind a lock down right now, but 2 weeks with the kids stuck indoors, I'm kind of hoping it doesbt happen :haha:

I hope there's no lockdown, I would go stir crazy being stuck in the house!

Oh god I would too Bev ! I love being out and about but this has really made me in edge the last week

If schools don’t close before the Easter half term and things are getting worse , would anyone consider pulling your kids out until after the half term?

Just read that the schools may close for a month as of next Friday 20th March. Don't think it is official yet or when we will know for certain? Some schools are preparing home learning packs for the month.

They are saying they are going to shut my kids schools for up to 2 months. I am on aspirin to keep me alive and my pregnancy going but its sold out everywhere. Tesco had toilet roll thankfully so I've ordered some lol xx

I'm glad you managed to find some Aspirin. This panic buying is getting ridiculous, it's stopping people who genuinely need the products from buying what they need.

I keep hearing 20th too . A teacher told a parent the same thing today . Even tho Boris has said no closures ! I am just taking next week to prepare for the kids to be off and stock up on snacks and things to keep them occupied . I usually do this each half term anyway , shopping with three kids is more stressful than it’s worth at times haha

We as individuals can take our own measurements to help us and everyone else. We don’t need the governement to tell us to do it . Just need to limit the amount of contact you have with people. I know I am doing this over the next few weeks for sure ! I’m now terrified . Boris has done nothing to reassure me !

Becca that’s awful can you not get any off your GP as an emergency ? Really hope you manage to find some

It's getting quite worrying isn't it. I think he will wait for a few weeks and then close the schools, but it sounds like it's spreading fast. My DH keeps updating me on the numbers!

I'm glad you managed to find some Aspirin. This panic buying is getting ridiculous, it's stopping people who genuinely need the products from buying what they need.
Exactly! I do understand some people buying more. Like the elderly and poorly but for everyone to do it is down right stupid xx

I keep hearing 20th too . A teacher told a parent the same thing today . Even tho Boris has said no closures ! I am just taking next week to prepare for the kids to be off and stock up on snacks and things to keep them occupied . I usually do this each half term anyway , shopping with three kids is more stressful than it’s worth at times haha

We as individuals can take our own measurements to help us and everyone else. We don’t need the governement to tell us to do it . Just need to limit the amount of contact you have with people. I know I am doing this over the next few weeks for sure ! I’m now terrified . Boris has done nothing to reassure me !

Becca that’s awful can you not get any off your GP as an emergency ? Really hope you manage to find some
I have enough now to last a few weeks. If needs be I can get some from the gp. I really don't like getting prescriptions for something I can buy really cheap.

We are doing the same in regards for stocking up on stuff for the kids. We have 4 at home. They are going to kill each other by the end of all this I'm sure haha two teens and two under 10 with Autism is never an easy mix xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->