Is anyone else starting to panic over this coronavirus?

I now dont feel stupid for worrying, its escalating at at alarming rate, the NHS is not prepared for this at all and theres going to me much more deaths about. Its hit the next town over to me now, so its 5 minutes away :( my kids school had a meeting last night they were going to close today bit decided not to, I wont let it get to late, I would pull my kids out of school in a heartbeat. I'm all stocked up just incase as its getting so near to us now, just need a few tubs of formula nappies and wipes, and I'll happily self isolate:) I felt awful this morning, always get a bit of a cough in the morning from my bedroom being so stuffy, so I had a tickly cough walking around lidl, everyone walked away so quickly! But I dont blame them, even on the school run I stay away from everyone!

I have enough now to last a few weeks. If needs be I can get some from the gp. I really don't like getting prescriptions for something I can buy really cheap.

We are doing the same in regards for stocking up on stuff for the kids. We have 4 at home. They are going to kill each other by the end of all this I'm sure haha two teens and two under 10 with Autism is never an easy mix xx

Same here if I can buy it I just will, just in an emergency if you can’t gey hold off any it’s always a back up plan !
Glad you’ve got some !

I’m taking next week to stock up on essentials for the kids for sure umm too anxious about it now to be going the shops multiply times a week.

Mine will go mental but least we have the back garden which I assume you will still be able to make use of !

The numbers have jumped up a lot today

Just seen that Bev .

I’m sorry the whole world now needs to take a good look at China / other countries and banning foods they eat . They did well to contain it as their cities are going to re open soon I read

I can't believe how our government are not taking stricter measures over this. It seems like they're going to wait until the last minute when they absolutely have to do something and they're so unprepared

Might just be because I'm suffering with serious anxiety at the minute, but I'm scared of the kids catching it and becoming seriously ill, you hear of so many deaths...

Please tell me I'm not alone!!

Me !! I’m terrified incase one of mine get it ! All mine have suffered with numerous chest issues since they were born, chest infections , croup , bronchiolitis etc. Any cold they get goes straight to their chest moreso DD2 and DS who is already chesty/wheezy now !

I can't believe how our government are not taking stricter measures over this. It seems like they're going to wait until the last minute when they absolutely have to do something and they're so unprepared

They are concentrating too much on this herd immunity instead of trying to protect us

My DD is beside herself with anxiety about the Coronavirus. My DH has been talking about it constantly and reading out stats about deaths etc. I think he forgets she's only 8. She's been crying and panicking that she's going to die. I tried my best to assure her she's not, and I've asked my DH to tone it down with how much he goes into the Coronavirus topic around her!

My DD is beside herself with anxiety about the Coronavirus. My DH has been talking about it constantly and reading out stats about deaths etc. I think he forgets she's only 8. She's been crying and panicking that she's going to die. I tried my best to assure her she's not, and I've asked my DH to tone it down with how much he goes into the Coronavirus topic around her!

Aww Bev my DD1 (she is 7) is the same , she was very worried yesterday and kept asking loads of questions. I just told her the truth in a way she would handle/understand minus the fact people are unfortunately passing away as this would just scare her even more . She’s already heard stuff from other kids in school so I’d rather she heard from me than some kids account of it in school

It’s such a hard time for them too because we are worried so there gonna know something is up.

We were going to go to a nature group this morning for the kids but the lady who runs it cancelled it as she's had secondary contact with someone with the Coronavirus. I'm glad she was cautious and cancelled it.

So I’m 35 weeks pregnant and I live in Sweden. They are taking the same approach as UK for now. I started my maternity leave on Friday and I’m wondering if I should have my 2 year old at home rather than nursery? My midwife thinks I need the rest before baby comes (I have mild preeclampsia) and should live as normal and her teacher thinks we should keep her routine unless the government decides to lockdown. What would you guys do? I’m so confused as to why there are no stories of pregnancy and the virus from Italy- just a few cases from China where there was no issues...

Oh god Bev good job she cancelled we all have a duty of care to each other now more than every !

That’s a tough one Sweden, I suppose you have to do what you think is best for you and your family . Im considering keeping my girls off school . DD2 is only in nursery so not worried just worried about DD1 who is in year 2 missing 5 + weeks off school as both caught a vomiting bug last week so didn’t go !

Here in the US everything has shut down. Schools closed, all gatherings closed, museums etc all closed. The only things that are open are restaurants, bars, and grocery stores it seems! So yes VERY strict measures taken here. I am glad they've cancelled school and stuff, it feels better to have everyone home right now.

I'm starting to get really nervous now. I don't even know what to do. I'm worried the schools will shut because there's no way my work will shut and I can't afford unpaid leave. But at the same time surely we should be doing something to help stop the spread of the virus?

I agree it’s a difficult situation for parents . I’m luckily enough to be a stay at home Mum so have the option to keep mine off .
I am worried about if DH doesn’t get paid this will have a major impact on us over the next few months like many !

For the pregnant lady who posted earlier . Hope your doing ok . I came
Across this is an article .” Officials have advised that pregnant women and babies are at low risk from coronavirus and are likely to only endure mild symptoms.” Xx

Wish the U.K. would take this a bit more seriously tho x

I'm getting more worried. my DH is constantly watching videos about the virus and it's really putting a negative atmosphere out there constantly. I wish he would lay off the videos.

I don't understand why the UK schools get close for broken heating or a bit of snow, but not in a pandemic :wacko:

My grandparents visit every week and they've decided against it for the foreseeable future because of the virus and them being 84. I really hope they don't catch it :(

Aww Bev I feel for your grandparents hope they stay safe . I think sometimes a bit of ignorance is bliss , we have to find the right ground between being / staying informed and reading too much crap on the internet ! The news / internet always shows you the worst of things not the good. What’s happening in China right now there’s not much on the news it’s all about Europe. Is that because the situation there is improving - I hope so gives us all hope !

Even if 90 percent of the kids are off with a vomiting bug our school stays open ! They only close for parents evening , where’s the logic ?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->