Is anyone else watching carbs instead of calories?

from what i hear, it's the total amount of calories consumed, not carbs, so forget about all the low carb diet fads out there.

But by sticking to low-carb I'm eating less calories, too! :) x

No

Carbs are very important piece of your diet, providing you are eating the correct ones.

Cutting out or having low carbs wont make you 'run' for long.

Need give yourself a balanced breakfast with carbs.
Bad breakfast is sugary refined cereals, white bread, toast etc. Eating bad carbs gives you a surge in your blood sugars which means huge release of insulin. Insulin removes most of sugar from your blood, turning excess sugar into fat. Then your decrease levels in blood sugars gives you cravings for more carbs.

This i personally think is reason why people seem to hate, or want cut low or out carbs, they reckon there bad because you feel need to eat them.

Swap your white carbs for wholemeal/wholegrain, its all healthy & good!

It's working for me so far though? It has killed most of my cravings already x

Everything works for a period of time, but it never normally lasts.

Your body needs the fuel that carbs give out. It will break it down into 2 different things,one being glucose which is very important, every inch of your body needs that.
Your body can only use so much of it (another way gaining weight if you eating wrong/or to much) body stores rest in liver and muscles, if still some left it will then turn into fat.

If you looking at doing a exercise programme, really need give your body the fuel to go.

I strongly believe in low carb, i had a trainer put me on a reasonable diet with whole grains oatmeal etc for breakfast and i gained weight. I changed my breakfast to eggs and went low carb and lost weight. We are all different and i for one believe my body reacts to sugar no matter how healthy it is. I have been checked enough times for diabetes and i am not diabetic.

I count overall calories but I do keep my carbs to 100g per day (180g once per week).

There are some people that claim that carbs affect them differently... not me, personally, my low carbs are only to keep my protein high - but I say what works, do it.

For many people, limiting carbs means eliminating their typical poor food choices (ie. chips). Same with not eating after 7pm (doesn't help you lose weight but does keep you from late snacking). Whatever works I suppose!

I was on a low carb way of eating before I got pregnant. Lost 2 and half stone, best way of eating I ever found, and I kept the weight off.

I never ate bread, pasta, potatoes or rice and felt great for it. I had loads of vegies/salads and lean meats. I was never bloated and the meals I did eat filled me, hardley ever snacked.
Occasionally I did have treats such as a bit of nan bread or a roast potaote but I always suffered for it, bad wind and stomach cramps so didn't do it often.

I wanted to continue but it's very limited so decided not really suitable when pregnant, but I want to go straight back to it when I give birth.

My OH doesn't want me to whilst I am breast feeding though so we will have to try and compromise as I have already gained 2 stone and really don't want it hanging around once I have had the baby.

Everybpdy reacts differently. It depends on what carbs you are eating. Stick with vegetables as being your main source of carbohydrates. Eat them with every meal. Consume healthy fats as well. (and obviously protein)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->