Is anyone else worried they are becoming obessed with IVF?

Springflower

Reaction score
Hey Ladies:flower:

I've been wondering if anyone feels the same about IVF as me?

I started in July and am about to embark on my 3rd attempt. I'm already thinking about my next one after that. After both previous attempts I've always though I'd wait a while and then start again but I just can't, as soon as I know it's failed I'm obessed with how quickly I can start again. Orgianlly I thought it this next attempt fails I'd wait until April before trying again but already I'm sneaking in earlier thoughts.

I'm worried I'm going to bankrupt oursleves if I continue like this....

Spring I am thinking the same way, especially today.

Before we embarked on ivf, dh and I discussed that 2 attempts would be reasonable and anything more would just be a sign of crazy people pursuing something that would never be.

Well, it is a whole different scenario actually going through ivf. After our first failed ivf, dh actually went crazy and convinced me to go again right away. Then dh's mom said to me you never give up, you keep going until you get what you want.

Suddenly I had a whole new perspective. I would be willing to go 4 times just to get what I want, because it was sure to happen if I would keep trying. I started to think that this is the most positive attitude that I have had yet.

Then this morning I was talking with my grandmother who brought up an article she read on a number of people who took 6 tries (don't know if they were all fresh or a combo of fresh and frozen - but I assume fresh and frozen). And she also brought up Celine Dion who it took her 6 attempts to get her twins.

So just this morning now, I have thought OMG are we going to bankrupt ourselves to have this dream? Yet at the same time, it would be all worth it. We could sell our home for a smaller home.

I just really belief that it is kind of like a lottery and our turn has to come up soon.

Tons of love to you Spring. xo

Does anyone else feel this way too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"