Is anyone elses OH really vague?

nona81

A little bit pregnant x
Reaction score
My hubby is really blah about it all! We (although since I can't get a firm response from him, I suppose I should say I) are going to ttc from May/June. He says he wants kids, he let me buy folic acid supplements and knows that I am getting my implant out, but whenever I ask what he thinks about babies or get serious about it he pulls an odd face, like he's confused. Is this normal?I don't know if he is just scared, like me or trying to be funny. But he is annoying me now, I don't like feeling like I am forcing him to have a baby!

Grrrrr! Rant over :growlmad:

Seriously, are all men like this? They don't wanna give a definite answer and look all freaked out when you ask them questions, but if you get your implant out, stop taking your pill, etc. or they don't bother using anything and you point it out to them, they don't seem worried at all! I think they're probably scared of the pressure or something lol, so it's sort of like a defence mechanism :rofl: You're not forcing him cos he's knows what's about to happen and he's not doing anything to stop it, so it sounds as if he wants it too, he's just being bloke-ish :p
Best of luck with it all :) You must be so excited! xx

You're right. The more I think about it, I realise that he has never wanted to make any decisions outright. I don't think he wants me to feel pressured - although I don't think he realises that this needs to be a joint decision, it will affect us both.

But thats men right!

I can relate to you for sure....When i tell my hubby that I'm getting off my pills in May and ask him things related to TTC, I don't get too much of an answer. He told me once that he does that because he just wants it to happen naturally without too much planning and that he would be excited when I actually had a baby in my belly. He thinks that by talking about it too much, it'll jinx things. :roll:

My man is extremely vague too, its my biggest rant, after we had our son in june he did seem to want another close in age..and says that alot but when it comes to me trying to get a date out of him...nnothing!

Celine you should just say to him "I was thinking of getting my implant out/stopping my pill, then just going with the flow. What d'you think?" Then you'd get a 'man' answer quick about how soon he wants it lol. Unless you use condoms, then that might be more difficult to word :p xx

this soun ds so like my dh too!!! he'll say he's happy with our 3 children... as am i. but i'd like to have a 4th next year. he'll agree with me that it would be nice to have another boy, and we both like to have a big family. but then he makes comments about 3's enough. mixed messages all time!! ... MEN!!!

I think I am pregnant, and my husband's very vague about THAT.

He doesn't want to "get his hopes up"

I think I am pregnant, and my husband's very vague about THAT.

He doesn't want to "get his hopes up"

thats so like my dh!!! good job we love em!!:hugs:
congrats on pregnancy!!! and no 5!! well done !!:happydance:

I just mentioned Mothers Day to my OH, I suggested that next year he might have to get me a card! He made a bizarre squealing noise and suddenly became very interested in chopping up a pineapple!

Weird!

I just mentioned Mothers Day to my OH, I suggested that next year he might have to get me a card! He made a bizarre squealing noise and suddenly became very interested in chopping up a pineapple!

Weird!

:loopy: MEN!!!!

sounds like you're gonna just have to get down to business, he'll get the gist!!

Yeah, I suppose his only option then would be celebacy!

I doubt he would be able to keep that up for long!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->