Is anyone not trying but not preventing?

sunshine2010

Reaction score
I'm in the above catergory at the moment!

I've come off the pill, and we havent been using any contraception, but my OH doesn't want to say 'let's try for a baby' I think he just wants it to 'happen!'

I think we will be from our wedding, but not sure yet. I need to discuss it more with OH.

I think it's nice to NTNP because it's less pressure than to go straight into the charting - which must be stressful.

Sort of. We officially begin trying in May "if it doesn't happen before then" my husband likes to say.
Me, I'm much more about planning so I'm saying "yes, actually start TTC in May and I'd rather NOT get pregnant before then."

So, in a sense, yes. We're not technically "trying" right now but we're not really doing a ton of preventing either.

Matter of fact, I may already be pregnant. I am taking a test this Saturday (which is still kinda early) and if it's negative then I'm testing again on the 14th - Valentine's Day, how sweet!

Good luck to you!

Sort of. We officially begin trying in May "if it doesn't happen before then" my husband likes to say.
Me, I'm much more about planning so I'm saying "yes, actually start TTC in May and I'd rather NOT get pregnant before then."

So, in a sense, yes. We're not technically "trying" right now but we're not really doing a ton of preventing either.

Matter of fact, I may already be pregnant. I am taking a test this Saturday (which is still kinda early) and if it's negative then I'm testing again on the 14th - Valentine's Day, how sweet!

Good luck to you!

Good luck with the test :flower:

we sorta are although we dont have sex much anyway :rofl:

Hope its ok i popped in. But this is how we conceved. Although i never actually thought it would happen. I was told i couldnt conceive as i had 2 bliocked tubes. While waiting for ivf we decided that to not prevent as we had never actually tried. we didnt try that often though, just had fun and did it as and when we wanted. I had irregular periods as well so didint no when i ovulated or if. But somehow it worked out well and quickly for us.good luck

We are not trying and... well... loosely preventing, or at least that is how I see it. He isnt ready, all he thinks about is money, all I think about is family!

I let him know when we shouldn't, in order to prevent, but sometimes he doesn't care, sometimes he does. So I think I slightly fit the category.

I think I'm going to suggest "not trying, not preventing" to my DH. It would probably feel a little less scary to him than me just saying okay and lets try to conceive "now!" etc.
My birth control prescription will run out at the end of the year and I'd like to TTC early next year.... so perhaps he'd go for a NTNP once I'm off my BC. Then, if it happens, it happens.. if it doesn't we keep waiting.

We are no longer using contraception, just the withdrawl method. We are waiting till April to TTC but won't be charting, at least initially, so really NTNP.

Using the withdrawl method is seen as NTNP?, oh dear :thumbup:, i better watch out :rofl:

Currently, still protecting... on BC pills. I do think we will start out NTNP, whenever we get to that point... I'm hoping to have a serious conversation with him sometime within the next week! I am thinking maybe 6 months out? Maybe I could go off my BC then. I don't know though, that is a very loose guideline.

I think NTNP will be fine for me for now, unless it takes a really really long time and I get antsy - then perhaps will start with the charting and everything. As of now I don't think it's necessary.

Using the withdrawl method is seen as NTNP?, oh dear :thumbup:, i better watch out :rofl:

Oops I meant ntnp in April not the withdrawal method as ntnp. No grammer there!

Although after being pretty much 100% unable to get pregnant on the implant to 16% possibility of getting pregnant through withdrawal it is a pretty daunting thing to adjust to! Lol!

We were practicing the withdrawal method for 2 years no luck lol. We started ttc with opks but i got too stressed out (only for 3 months) now we are just NTNP, hopefully we will get lucky soon. TTC was too much for me :dohh: .:dust: to all you ladies and hope you all have a short stay while TTC/NTNP :)

we are NTNP this month and then deciding where to go next month (read my journal if you are confused)

Glad I'm not the only one!

NTNP has kinda come about from my OH... I was on the pill, it was making me ill so I've come off of it, and he's decided not to use protection! I think deep down he would love me to fall pregnant, but he doesn't want to 'plan' it!

I quite like the relaxed approach, not worrying about getting pregnant, but I'm going to be disappointed if I don't get pregnant this year! But I really don't want to get into charting etc as I know I will be a nightmare and turn into a crazy lady!!!

I will be ntnp in may. I dont want to stress myself out with charting and temping. I want to just go with the flow and see what happens for a few months before i get bogged under with all that. If by august we havnt been lucky then ill properly start ttc but i just want to enjoy it and not get stressed out. Good luck ladies that are ntnp now :) xx

I finished bcp towards the end of January and we're ntnp at the mo until we officially TTC in April. I wanted a couple of months following bcp to get used to my cycle - it won't stop me from hoping for BFP every month tho' xx

Yep us too, both trying to lose some weight before it happens but not stopping it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->