Is anyone trying to prevent stretchmarks yet??

Annaspanna

Mummy2Lyla x
Reaction score
Hello ladies,

Just had a lovely bath and lathered myself up with johnsons baby oil....got me thinking is this enough or do any of you out there use anything else that may be better? I've seen cocoa butter, bio oil or mama mio products, i'm a bit baffled as to whether I should be using any of these really??

I know that there's not really much you can do to prevent stretch marks anyway and usually if your mum had them, chances are you will too, but wanna give myself the best chance!!

Thanks in advance :hugs:
xx

I am kinda trying, as with my other 2 kids i got them regardless of what i did to prevent them.

The main thing i do, is put a dash of baby oil in my bath water and moisturise really well, it wont stop stretchies totally, but stop them from getting really dark.

I've been doing cocoa butter 2 or 3 times a day from the time I found out I was expecting and so far so good.

Yup! When ever I shower/bath I put baby oil on, then I rub unrefined shea butter in to my belly.

The unrefined (I've read) is the best ... its like a hard yellow lard, you use a spoon to scoop a bit out and rub it between your hands for 5 seconds to melt it in to a almost melted butter appearance and then rub it in. I put it on my boobs also.

It makes my skin so soft and lovely.

I don't do anything special other than my usual moisturizer. And that's true, if you're going to get them, you're going to get them, no amount of creams are gonna prevent them because they are genetic :( ah well! :hugs:

I've not got any yet *knock on wood* besides a few on my hips from growing almost 3 inches in a month when I was little lol :dohh:

I've been using cocoa butter lotion as often as I remember, usually once a day or every other day. I've not moved on to the proper stretch mark cocoa butter yet, but I probably will when this bottle runs out. I'm just using the Palmer's stuff - cheap and cheerful!

My boyfriend told me that in his bio class his teacher had told him that eating lots of antioxidents and protein will help...but im a believer that if its going to happen it will.

I'm currently using Lush's King of Skin which is lovely and you can use it in the shower, so it's easy as pie (and pg safe). I hate arsing around each night before I can sleep. I already have to take off my make up, take out my lenses, moisturise my face and get the sports bra on - I don't need more to do!

Other than that I had Palmers for a while, and I also use plain old olive oil sometimes in the shower. I can't get on with Bio Oil - it just doesn't go very far and costs a fortune.

I've a bit ocd about it!! O have been using Nivea Pampering shower oil, then once I turn the shower off I rub Baby oil all over. Once I've fried my hair I use Belli Oil Elasticity belly oil or this week I have also been using an intensive moisturiser designed for people with skin complaints! I really don't want to get any!!

Im using body shop shea butter, ive heard any type of moisturiser is juat as good as any of the expensive ones x

I've been using stretch mark oil since around week 7! Don't know if they help much, but they do give me peace of mind. Besides, they help decrease the itchiness around my belly area.

Like quite a lot of people, Ive been using the cocoa butter stretch mark cream...and it does seem to be working! I dont have any....YET!!

Ive not started using anything yet but im definatly gonna start using creams soon.

I use bio oil and so far so good, been using it since about 12 weeks - am now 25 weeks :happydance:

I dunno about prevention, I have old stretch marks that have turned silvery, so I know I am prone to them - however I do use Bio Oil every day around my tummy, boobs and hips area, I also use lots of moisturiser all over (any cheapo stuff) - if nothing else it prevents the itching and my skin has never been smoother or softer.

If Bio Oil was cheaper I would be slathering it on all over at least twice a day - but at the moment its bio oil for boobs, tummy and hips and any old body moisturiser for the rest.

I have been using Palmers stretch mark cream since about 12 weeks, no stretch marks yet, but like they say they don't prevent them and it depends if your mum had them, mine didn't so fingers crossed. Take care :hugs: XX

I made OH buy me 'mum to be' shea and cocoa butter cream (from Boots) for mother's day, so been using that when I remember before bed.

I hope you dont mind me intruding back from 3rd tri :p
i have also heard if you gonna get them you gonna get them! But my mom never had when she was preggy BUT she was quite the cream-ocd person, so from about 11-12 weeks Ive been using in any order to keep things random, The Body Shop vit e cream, the body shop cocoa butter and a few stretch mark sample creams that i find in any mags..my stretchies have started but I hope they dont gett oo bad.

Ive heard great things about Palmers and recently found it here in Holland so gonna give that a try too!

Well I was very complacent, and thought I was doing ok, but suddenly last week I noticed a really bad one below and to the right of my belly button. They're also a little painful (well more sensative I guess) so I've been religiously applying palmers oil morning and evening since, so my advice is GET MOISTURISING!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->