is anyone ttc no.2 or 3?

Biscuitbaby

Mum of 2 boys TTC#3
Reaction score
just wondering?

its just I've had a really low week this week :'( we've been trying to convince no.3 and I've looked for support and all I've got from a friend and other places is 'well you have 2'

does anyone else get this?

Hi Hun,

Me and hubby are trying for our 3rd baby we have DS that will be 3 in August and dd that just turned 16months, a lot of people say to us well you have one of each you don't need anymore... That really bugs me! Plus hubby comes from a 8 person family and I come from a 5 person family so we've always wanted a big family. My parents are against it also because I nearly died after a botched emcs 3 weeks after I was on my death bed. So we don't really have much support. Sometimes they even make me feel bad wanting a bigger family :(

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/246197//thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

I have a friend who has one of each and is told 'she doesn't need anymore' and older ladies look at me with pity and say 'two boys, you should try and have a girl, just one more'!!! it really bugs me! lol

how long have you been trying? ah wow, I guess your parents are worried but if it was a dodgy job in the first place!! its not fair that they make you feel guilty though xx how many would you like? ;-)

I really do have empathy for ladies who are trying for no.1 xx but I have the same yearning for no.3 as I did trying for 1 and 2!!

Aaaaahhhh isn't it so frustrating when people think they can comment on how many children you want/have!! Asking as you can care for the band afford it why not have as many as you want:)

We'd like 3/4 but well get the 3rd out the way first, we've only been trying since march but I've been broody for a year easily :wacko: I know what you mean by the yearning for a baby too just feel baby mad!

So how long have you been trying? How old are your boys?

My Ovulation Chart

they're 2 and 3 :) we wanted 4 and wanted them all close (much to people's disgust) but we've been trying 2years now! We've both had tests but nothing has shown up so
we are putting it down to the weight I gained having no2! its about time I lost it anyway lol so I'm currently doing slimming world, really hope it's sorts out af soon! !

ah its fab to talk to someone who feels the same about having more! and not having the 'well you got 2'

Least the tests have shown there's nothing wrong Hun, just get more time ton"practice" lol some weeks me & hubby are so tired it feel it'll be a while til we conceive haha, I don't want to turn ttc into something too serious.

Slimming world it great too! I was on that after I had dd I lost 2stone in 11 weeks hard work but was worth it. :)

Do you temp or anything Hun?

My Ovulation Chart

Lol We are trying for number5 but haven't told anyone IRL -I know there would be negative remarks, about being happy with what I have got, etc etc, well you know the drill.

After my first 2 were born most ppl expected I was done, having one of each ( you cant get anything else can you? so why have more ? lmao -because I WANT A BIG FAMILY)

I actually always wanted 6, but wll be totally happy with my 5 (if it happens )

It is a shame that I cannot discuss anything I am feeling or going through with anyone IRL though, at least I can come on here :(
good luck to you xx

I'm ttc number 2 :) a big family would be amazing though.
Actually thought I would have negative remarks irl, (due to DD being 7&a half months) so haven't told anyone but last week MIL randomly said to have another one sooner rather then later lol! Took me by surprise. I just said hmm, but really I was thinking about my massive stash of pg tests and thermometer sitting at home haha xxx

I'm trying to conceive number 2, my little boy is 15 months old and he took 3 years to conceieve , we haven't been using any protection since he was born cuz I new it would take years again x

Im trying for #4 I have 2 boys (8 and 4) and I have a girl (20 months). I haven't told anyone either because after I had my daughter everyone was like oh you have your girl now guess your done. It is rude! I've told a few people I wanted #4 and the remarks was unbelievable! Omg, your crazy 4! You should be happy god blessed you with 3 why risk more? What risks? All of my pregnancy's have been great and healthy. All my births were normal with no complications. I would love to give my daughter a sister but if she gets a 3rd brother I will be happy with that as well. 4 will probably be my max and will stop after. Good luck to all you and hopefully there will be some :bfp: soon!

I have a friend who has one of each and is told 'she doesn't need anymore' and older ladies look at me with pity and say 'two boys, you should try and have a girl, just one more'!!! it really bugs me! lol

how long have you been trying? ah wow, I guess your parents are worried but if it was a dodgy job in the first place!! its not fair that they make you feel guilty though xx how many would you like? ;-)

I really do have empathy for ladies who are trying for no.1 xx but I have the same yearning for no.3 as I did trying for 1 and 2!!
Yes exactly! One pregnancy/birth has nothing at all to do with another. The ache is still exactly the same as when I had the baby rabies for number 1; it may have even gotten worse! :haha:

I'm ttc number 2 :) a big family would be amazing though.
Actually thought I would have negative remarks irl, (due to DD being 7&a half months) so haven't told anyone but last week MIL randomly said to have another one sooner rather then later lol! Took me by surprise. I just said hmm, but really I was thinking about my massive stash of pg tests and thermometer sitting at home haha xxx
:rofl: That made me quite literally LOL.

We're trying for number 3. I've always, always, always wanted a big family (at least six kids) but DH is fairly certain he's only good for three and it took him a while to get to three lol. Hope we get some BFP's up in this thread soon! :dust:

yaaay! !!! somewhere where I don't feel guilty for wanting more children! I've even been made to feel guilty on a thread here for wanting more children :-(

so how long has everyone been trying?

I honestly don't think it matter how many your trying for or how long! If you want more children the pain can be just the same!

I don't want more 'just to see if I could have a girl either' I would quiet happily have 4 boys! (would actually save me money because I have a lot of stuff but at the same time I would love to buy dresses)

I've tried temping but to be honest got fed up because I either got it wrong or i just ain't ovulating!

yaaay! !!! somewhere where I don't feel guilty for wanting more children! I've even been made to feel guilty on a thread here for wanting more children :-(

so how long has everyone been trying?

I honestly don't think it matter how many your trying for or how long! If you want more children the pain can be just the same!

I don't want more 'just to see if I could have a girl either' I would quiet happily have 4 boys! (would actually save me money because I have a lot of stuff but at the same time I would love to buy dresses)

I've tried temping but to be honest got fed up because I either got it wrong or i just ain't ovulating!
Gah! On a thread for people wanting more children you got the business for wanting more children??? :wacko:

We have two boys and people always ask if we're going to try for a girl. I'd love a girl just as much as I love my boys but like you Biscuit I'd be more than thrilled to have another boy. I love my boys so much and have such a good time with them (in spite of the fact that they're trying to drive me insane :haha: ). People think I'm crazy for wanting more children or not caring if we have more boys. Uh, okay :shrug: .

I've been wanting another for a while now, probably at least a year or so before we stopped preventing. I fell in September last year, lost the baby at 10.5 weeks in November, took a cycle off to try and collect myself just a bit, and have been trying ever since. This is cycle 6 now. With my other three pregnancies we just stopped preventing and it happened that cycle. This time around I think I'm dealing with a lot of hormonal issues (that maca seems to be helping since I added it in this cycle :thumbup: ) and it's taking longer. I'll be 36 this year so I'm not really trying to twiddle my thumbs here lol.

so sorry to hear about your loss xx
We tried macca to try and sort my cycles but it didn't seem to have an effect! so I'm hoping next time af arrives I have soy waiting in the cupboard! !

so sorry to hear about your loss xx
We tried macca to try and sort my cycles but it didn't seem to have an effect! so I'm hoping next time af arrives I have soy waiting in the cupboard! !
Thank you Biscuit; I wouldn't wish pregnancy or birth loss on anyone :nope: . Definitely hoping I get a good healthy, sticky bean next time :) .

How long did you take the maca for? What dosage? Or were you able to procure the actual veggie? It can take at a minimum of three months for things to get groovin' in there and sort themselves out. Here's a link on maca I like:

https://natural-fertility-info.com/maca

I'm a happily blessed mother of two wonderful little girls. DH and I are TTC the 3rd but we haven't said anything IRL. Mostly because everyone makes comments about "3rd times a charm, you'll get that boy". Truth is I know my husband would Love a son and honestly so would I, but if its not in the cards for us I would be happy adding another beautiful little lady to our family. I'm more concerned for the feelings of the surrounding family members. Our girls are the only grandchildren on both sides of the family so there is just so much focus on us that I sort of feel pressured. So aside from the difficulty we have encountered this time around conceiving there is the added issues of gender disappointment. And I also have two very close cousins of mine who are TTC their first children for the past 2-3 years with no luck. They would never sympathize. Too many ugly emotions tied to what should be such a beautiful time. Sorry if I'm rambling or not making sense. It's late. Lol!

lol I understand completely what you mean!! I recently posted a thread about how how a was upset over a friend trying for her first she said 'well at least you have to' which really upset me because we're trying and not only that I was being a friend and listening to her worries! she was in the two week wait and got pregnant first time :) I'm very happy for her but it's now ALL she can talk about!!

Being in the situation I am really made me think about throwing comments around to friends about having children whether it be their first, second or third xx

I had my little one almost 12 weeks ago and we've started trying for our 2nd already. both our families are really surpotive of our choice more so step-mum and mum-in-law.
but i have a few people i know think i'm being selfish for wanting another, quite a few of them know how long we tried for our son some don't, but they say because we tried so long thats even more reason to wait.
I don't see it like that, i see it as it's taken that long before it could take that long again. and i'd be heart broken if it did, we always wanted our kids to be close in age thats another reason why we have already started trying.

we are also currently TTC #3. We have two dd ages 7 and almost 5. My hubby was ready to try when our youngest was 2 and it has taken me a long time to get on board. My parents are completely unsupportive and I actually wish I hadn't told my mom. Both my parents are concered about finances and say that I have two beautiful girls (I do) so why have more. I can't explain to them the feeling of not being a complete family, when I kiss my girls at bedtime I feel like something or someone is missing. Some people (including my MIL) say that we need to try for another so we might get a little boy this time. And while we would love and embrace either gender I have to say I would love to do dresses and hair bows again. But we shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->