• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is anyone writing a *paper* pregnancy journal?

M

Mrs Eleflump

I've been thinking about this a lot the last few days...I am definitely going to do a paper baby book - I love the one my parents did for me. I'd like a similar pregnancy book, too. I don't know whether I should just compile my own in Photobox or something, or buy an actual pregnancy journal.

None of the ones I've seen on Amazon etc so far are quite what I'm looking for. A lot of them are very American (there's nothing wrong with that, of course, but I'm Scottish so would prefer something with a UK slant and spellings etc), and many of them have too much 'fill in the blanks' to guide thoughts etc, and nowhere really to write your own paragraphs. I don't mind some of that, but not alllll of it!

If you're using one, which one is it? Or are you filling in a blank book, or doing something else completely?

Thank you ladies :flower: <3

Yes! When we first found out, i went to one of the few brick and mortar bookstores and looked at the ones they had...most of them were really cheesy and full of pastels and duckies, baby blocks, etc. The one or two that werent were either expensive, or very structured, no room to put whatever we wanted there....so i ended up visiting another store, where i found a grey leather-look journal (for less than half the price!) that had swirls embossed along the edges in a darker grey color, magnetic closure, and the pages are light grey and lined, with some swirls at the top to make it interesting...we can write whatever we want in there, paste in pictures/put stickers/ etc...oh, plus it has an attached ribbon bookmarker, so you can mark the last place you wrote, etc... :thumbup:

I have a pregnancy journal but its mainly just for my eyes to compare symptoms and to make notes of how I'm feeling. I have a baby book though that I'll show to my DD when shes old enough to care, and I have another baby book I'll start for my new baby when its born :)

With DS, I bought a blank journal and wrote to him like it was journal or diary. With this baby, I'm doing a customized pregnancy journal on Shutterfly where I can add pictures, text, and design the pages however I want them rather than getting something that just has blanks for you to fill in.

These are really good ideas :D I love the shutterfly one, but being in the UK, I don't think I can do that (at least without massive postage charges!). Photobox doesn't have anything directly comparable but if I look around hopefully there will be something.

I am just using a hard cover blank notebook as a journal and I basically write letters to the baby, mentioning what happened at midwife appointments, if we had a great day with her dad, how I am feeling about my body changing and all that stuff. It might be more appropriate to give it to her once she is 18 or once she gets pregnant, because it includes phrases like "me and your dad had a great Sunday morning, we made love and then had a huge breakfast." Not very kid-friendly :D

I went to paperchaise and bough a lovely notebook to write in.

I did buy a 'pregnancy journal' but haven't filled any of it in!

I'm being very careful not to write anything negative in it though!

I had a notebook from ttc logging the outcome and dates of Des appointments then when I went on clomid I put in my symptoms each day. I stuck my +be opks in too as I was so excited to finally get them. I put my +ve pregnancy tests in too to compare progression.

I've kept it up to put in symptoms, scans, appointments etc and to be honest keep track of the bleeding. It's just for my own benefit really.

I just went to Target and bought a journal, nothing fancy. I wrote "my pregnancy" on the front and I *try* to write in it once a week :p I talk in it like I am talking to the baby.. I don't know why, it was weird at first but it's what naturally comes out. I think it's because in my head I want my son or daughter to read it when they are older

I think I'm going to do that. My mom kept a journal during my pregnancy that I found one day (she's still never shown it to me! How odd), and I loved reading through it. I'd really like DH to add to it as well :)

But since I'm already almost half way done, I guess I'll have to fudge some things... Good thing I have this BnB journal to use as a cheat sheet!

First of all, I’m so happy to get to join the pregnancy club! Yay! :happydance:

I was thinking of getting a student planner/calendar to write in. I don't want the pressure of all those empty pages to write in like a journal. And I don’t want to be told what I HAVE to put in. But I can see myself writing down little bits of info in the space those calendars provide. It will all be PG though so my kiddo can read it. I plan on picking it up today to get started…b/c all the crying I was doing yesterday was absolutely baby induced. Lol

For my daughter I have a baby book with different sections for pre-pregnancy (picture of mommy before I was pregnant, family tree etc..) and things like all of her first's and a bunch of other stuff.
I also kept a journal from when I was about 16 weeks pregnant. I just bought a book (it looks nice on the outside) with lined paper in it and wrote stuff every few days when I was pregnant and I still do it now that shes born! :)
Just think it will be cool for when she gets older, she can see how I felt when I was pregnant and what was happening and the first months of life.
I also have a scrapbook with all her ultrasound photo's :)

I'm planning on doing them for this baby too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->