Is belly/pelvic area meant to feel hard at 13 and a bit?

Saywhat

Reaction score
I'm so stressed..

Still no symptoms apart from peeing a lot but i drink loads of water.
I don't SEE or FEEL any difference in my belly.
I have a Lindham heart doppler that i cant find heartbeat with. (Its not an unltasound one that you can use with gel is just a basic listener with headphones)

Should i call the midwife? I have not got another scan till 20 weeks and i'm climbing the walls through stress.

I feel like i'm going mad, it doesn't help when friends tell me stuff. One asked how long i'd had my bump as hers was noticable at 8 weeks (1st preg) this is also my 1st. My other friend said i should feel hard but if i'm honest i have a squishy belly and i'm slim.

Please girls need advice

Its frustrating to not feel any symptoms, but i reckon you might just b 1 of those ppl who dont really have any/many symptoms! I dont know ur entire story, but heres a few things bout my preg that might put ur mind at ease:
1st tri: I didnt have any morning sickness, just seemed to get a tiny bit of car sickness if we went a long way. Wasnt excessively tired. My belly felt exactly the same as it always had done (im a size 8), not firmer, not squishier, not rounder.
2nd tri: i fainted at 14 and 18 weeks. I bled twice during this trimester. My hubby could tell that my tummy was different at 16 weeks (firmer). I started feeling baby kick at 18 weeks (i think). Colleagues and friends noticed the bump at 20 weeks.
3rd tri: Im now 27 weeks, and have only just started to look like a proper preggo person eg to random strangers (tho no1s commented yet).

I wouldnt worry about not being able to hear the heart beat on a doppler, it sounds like the 1 ive got, sometimes i cant hear mine even now at 27 weeks, it depends how baby is positioned in there. It reckon it'll b very difficult to find at 13 weeks (tho i never tried, so i dunno).

Hope some of that helped?!
x

Yes it did thanks.

I'm not usually this much of a worrier but something about this pregnancy has turned me into a hypocondriac.

Scan was fine at 10 weeks no reason why it was early they just gave me the routine one. Had no pain or bleeding so in theory everything should be ticking along.

I just can't get rid of the worry. I thinks its the lack of symptoms and because its my 1st i have no point of reference, so your experience is helpful to me just to hear how your going.

Thanks hun :)

I know exactly what you mean! Im never usually ill, but i feel like im worrying about myself/baby all the time now! You'll probably feel much better in a few weeks when you can feel baby moving, n then u'll deffo know it's in there! Its so frustrating waiting to start feeling the movements, i was getting really annoyed with having to wait!

I worried too! Because I never had many symptoms. No morning sickness, just a few spouts of nausea. Was very tired all the time, though! And peed a lot! Still do!
I'm just now starting to feel the hardness, but I'm a big girl. So I'm not too worried about that. I'm sure all is well. Every pregnancy is different for every woman!

I didn't even get a bump until I was about 17 weeks.. This is my first pregnancy and the doctor said lots of girls who are doing their first pregnancy don't show as much as someone who has more kids.. something about muscles being tight and holding the uterus back.. Ull be find.. Your lucky you don't feel any symptoms.. I was sick and weak the first weeks of my pregnancy and now my belly is getting way bigger and everything feels really tight.. You won't start to feel movement until like 16-20 weeks... Don't worry.. everything will happen eventually lol

I have felt that way on and off throughout. Every time it gets to be a few weeks after a scan (I've had 4 for various reasons), I get to thinking that something is wrong and the baby has certainly died. Who knows why, expect that I am a worrier. Each time, everything has been fine. I am betting that you are okay, too, since you don't talk about any symptoms that would point to a problem. I am 19 weeks, and I don't really have much of a "bump," and I'm still not sure that I've felt the baby move. I have a babysounds heart monitor that sounds similar to yours, and I have never once heard the baby's heartbeat on it. It's hard when you don't feel it because you begin to wonder. Try to keep the worrying down, though, because it won't help anything and might stress you and the baby. :) Keep thinking about how much you love the lo and can't wait to meet it, and hopefully that will get your through. When is your next scan?

My belly didn't feel really hard until I was around 16 weeks or so. I wouldn't worry about what your friends say etc...every girl is different with how they grow.

If you are really that worried or concerned though, maybe call your mw just to get some relief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->