Is Breast Best? Tonight on BBC3 @ 9pm

flubdub

Reaction score
Just thought I'd let you girls know incase you were interested xxx

thanks i'll have to catch it on demand, likely it will be done by an untrained or unexperienced person and full of misinformation anyway lol,

btw if anyone here is considering BF then pop into the BF forum to say hi all the girls are lovely and would love to answer any questions, alot of actual BF peer supporters in there too

I will watch it and be ready to disprove everything they say!

please don't be so ready to disagree girls. i Breastfed my Daughter for over two years, exclusively for the first 12months. She has suffered from SEVERE eczema, has been hospitalized, has lost all her hair before and we've had really hard times with her. Did breastfeeding help her at all??no!!
Still i do believe that breastfeeding is the most natural way to go, buthave you thought of the ladies that because of medical conditions cannot breastfeed??be a little understanding. Sometimes, and i agree only sometimes, Breast isn't Best!

please don't be so ready to disagree girls. i Breastfed my Daughter for over two years, exclusively for the first 12months. She has suffered from SEVERE eczema, has been hospitalized, has lost all her hair before and we've had really hard times with her. Did breastfeeding help her at all??no!!
Still i do believe that breastfeeding is the most natural way to go, buthave you thought of the ladies that because of medical conditions cannot breastfeed??be a little understanding. Sometimes, and i agree only sometimes, Breast isn't Best!

Sorry your LO had such a hard time :( But I suppose we will never know if your LO's conditions may have been worse if she hadnt been BF :)

it wasn't because of allergies, doctors actually have no clue why she had so bad, and some ended up saying stop breastfeeding, Anyway, she is getting better now :)

it is true that for some ( very few ) mums and babies breastfeeding isnt the best for them both for whatever reason but Formula shouldnt be paraded around as the Be All and End All solution to problems BF.
i had doctors advise me that Formula would help my son when he was fighting severe jaundice and on the verge of needing a blood transfusion, thank goodness i had done my research and knew that he would be better euppied to fight the jaundice with my Breastmilk,

there are some who actually cant BF and i readily admit that but there are many who either dont try or give up through having problems and not having support to get through those problems.

yes, but there are some that would love to do it but just can't. And i feel it's ver yugly of any of us to make them feel bad for not being able to do it. I live in Africa and let me tell you it's not just a few it's millions of mothers that shouldn't breastfeed their babies.In these cases i say Formula is great!and these mothers should not be feeling guilty because they have to bottlefeed their children.

I'm going to watch it. :) I saw the trailer for it and it didn't seem to be pushing one opinion over the other. The BBC usually are pretty fair and balanced. I'm looking forward to this "Bringing up Britain" series x x

Theres a bit more on the Bringin Up Britain series here. The program that tackles pregnant women smoking, drinking and overeating will be interesting.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/pages/bringingupbritain

The program that tackles pregnant women smoking, drinking and overeating will be interesting.

Yep, I hope they don't focus loads on this... I find some shows cover things like this just for the shock value. I think it would be really sad to watch pregnant women getting totally trashed/wasted in the name of "good" telly. The poor babies :cry:

Hope they cover loads of aspects, with a title like "Bringing up Britain" it shouldn't cover just the minority of people who behave badly. x x

Interested to watch this new series - thank you for posting about it. It's BBC3, not ITV2, so hopefully it will be fine!

I will record it as I have other programmes to catch up on & watch!! I have a busy tv schedule. Lol. I am going to deffo try breastfeeding (hoping I can) for a number of reasons but 'if' it doesnt work out for whatever reason then I wont be beating myself up about it because at least I gave it a shot. I do know a few people who have been unable to bf for a number of reasons and I completely dont judge those who dont breastfeed as it is choice and sometimes medical reasons. xx

Looking forward to this, although I usually end up feeling wound up by programmes that talk about BFing!

Oooooh glad you bumped!!

I'd have forgotten it was on :)

In my opinion, breast and bottle-feeding both have pros and cons.
Breastfeeding should be the first option, and first port of call, but if it doesn't work out you can always fall back on formula.

(although with sick or premature babies, you should always prioritise breastfeeding, even if you weren't planning to initially. It can make such a difference.)

i'll be watching...... fourth time lucky for me i really want to breastfeed this time never with the other 3!
i think its because i know this is my last chance because i am definatly not having anymore im trying to enjoy this pregnancy and post pregnancy and savour every minute

well the first 10 minutes have really annoyed me. How is lying in bed feeding your baby without even getting up more tiring that getting up and making bottles? the thing is all the advice is not to stress you or your baby out if it isnt working..

I am a huge breastfeeding advocate and have breastfed all 3 of my babies and will be breastfeeding this one too. And in any defense I do personally believe that any child who is still sick often would have been sicker yet without breastmilk. There is just way to many antibodies nutrients etc etc etc to not be given credit. It is like liquid gold :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->