Is Charlie too common?

"Common" names aren't as common as they used to be. The number of names in use has increased so much that I don't hear my son's "common" name used all too often... And I was one that was worried about a name being too popular as well. I think it's absolutely precious to have your daughter name him, especially since she has good taste.

I agree completely with this! I always assumed Jack would be one of many in his class but he's actually the only one. I didn't care as I just love the name but we don't really know any others. My son Arthur has a less common name but I know two others already and he's only 6 months!

Names like Charlie, Jack, Thomas etc which are all supposedly common are much less so these days. I only know one Charlie :)

Go for it, it's lovely! And your daughter choosing it makes it cuter x

I work in a nursery and in my 5 years there I have only ever meet 2 Charlie's - one boy, one girl. I sometimes worry about the popularity of names but something that is quite rare now could be hugely popular by the time they start school in 4-5 years time.

My DD has just suggested Charlie too! She's also suggested Oliver and Robin; all three are lovely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hds13
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->