Is charting hard/worth doing?

Yo_Yo

Reaction score
As title-do you thik charting is worth doing? What are the benefits of it?

Also-is it easy to do?

What equipment apps etc do I need?

Any info on charting welcome!

I don't think I would be here now if it weren't for charting but that's my personal experience. I don't think it could hurt and only help at a minimum and most women who elect not to do it don't because it stresses them out, they have erratic sleep patterns and can't, or they are very regular and don't need to (and even then some still do!). If you combine charting with one or more of the other fertility tracking signs it is extremely effective. Checking cm, using opks, checking cp etc.

Pros- Inexpensive, non-invasive, can help identify possible fertility issues, when done correctly is extremely accurate at confirming ovulation (moreso than any other method out there), can tip you off early that you may be pregnant during your luteal phase if temps stay elevated.

You basically only need a basal body thermometer (takes temps to 1/100 degree and then pick one of the many computer programs to log your temps daily which by the way need to be taken at the same time each morning before you move or get out of bed. Here's a nice link to get you started and good luck!

https://www.justmommies.com/articles/bbt-charting.shtml

Thank you so much for all the great info-will take a look at link.
Congrats on your pregnancy lovely :)

What Pandi said!!

YES, charting is worth it! And probably the cheapest thing you can do!

Once I started charting I learned that I was actually ovulating days before I thought I was!!

I think it really depends. I tried charting for few months and it only stressed me out as my cycles weren't regular anyways. Once I stopped charting I felt much better and got pregnant soon after. This time I didn't chart at all and got pregnant pretty quickly.

Other ladies found charts incredibly helpful. Best thing to have is bbt thermometer and take temp in morn at the same time (yes on weekends too :( ) There are several charting sites available where you can plot your temps.

Good luck!

I find it both useful and stressful but the usefulness outweighs the stress and i onky get stressed because I'm still learning and my cycles are still different lengths. I have lesrnt so much sijce charting and im quite lucky in that I don't have to temp at the same time each day to notice a temp shift because ky bbt doesn't seem to differ that much whether i temp at 6:30 on the days im at work or at 10 sometimes later the days im not. It taken me till this month to figure out openness of cervix and last month for height of cervix but I now notice a difference. U will also learn what is normal for u and then u may not nee to chart it, some women do it properly by charting it down for a few months then they just do the checks etc without actually charting and they no roughly where in their cycle they r. It's really what works for u, if u find it too stressful just look at doing it without but its very addictive

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->