Is clear sperm a sign of infertility?

Natalie lou

Reaction score
My new partner and i are tct our 1st baby 2gether. We've only just started this week but both of us are worried that he may be infertile as his semen is clear and not white??? just wonderin if anyone knows? xx

I didn't want to r&r, but I assume you are talking about the semen (sorry sp)? It does seem a bit odd, but it could also be normal for him. I'm no expert so sorry. The only way to know is for him to get checked out or atleast ask a doc.

yea i did mean the semen. hope fully its not a problem , ive looked it up on the net but cant really find anything on it. gona wait for a while see if anythin happens wen were ttc and if we have no luck in a few month i may ask the doc. Also i found out that you can buy a male fertility test. I mite buy one and see if thats any help x

male fertility test? how does that work... LOL

Sperm are colorless. It is the protein, fructose and other components of semen that can influence the color, including recently consumed food and drink.
Also, the characteristic white or grey appearance could mainly be due to the refractive index of the semen, which would vary depending on the viscosity and density.
Within 30 minutes or less of ejaculation, an enzyme in your semen causes it to go runny. You will notice that when this happens, the opacity changes and your semen becomes virtually transparent.
Regardless of the color, or how runny your semen is, it has nothing to do with the quality or quantity of sperm it contains.

Katlin is right. When hubby and I did IUI's a couple of years ago, his semen turned clear and watery in a matter of minutes in the collection container.

Ive also read that it can be an idication that he hasnt waited long enough between ejaculations and therfore there is more seminal fluids then there are sperm. So maybe he wiggling his noodle often? Or maybe he produces sperm at a lower rate then others.

Yea we do more than once a day lol. Glad to know its proberly because of that :D...
Not sure how the fertility kit works but u can get them off amazon.com. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->