Is cows milk less filling than formula?

Sugarmuppet

Reaction score
We started giving Gaby half cows milk and half formula is her bottles on the recommendation of the HV a couple of days ago.

She currently has one 8oz bottle at night and one 8oz bottle first thing.

I know we have been so totally spoiled with her sleep so far (she has slept at least 12 hours a nite from 6 weeks and for the last 4 months has been doing 14/15 hours).

Anyway, she has started to wake at 6.30am starving. 6.30am I don't mind, but when I totally switch to cows milk I don't want it to be even earlier! Is follow on milk better? The formula she has been having is aptimal 1st stage.

There is not much of a difference at all - the formula is around 3.6% fat and most whole cows milk is around 4% fat - but whether there is anything else in it am not sure.

I would just do the switch and worry if she starts waking when it happens.

I am doing half and half at the moment with the last tub of formula:flower:

Follow on milk just isn't necessary unless your LO isn't eating a varied diet .... It's kind of just a gimmick by baby formula companies to keep you as a customer for that bit longer .... much like 'pull ups' are for nappy companies :shrug:

My guess is that she's just going through a growth spurt atm, and it's purely coincidental that it's coincided with her bottle make up having changed, but if you think that the switch to half and half is what's waking Gaby earlier you could always try giving her just formula for her bedtime bottle and seeing if that makes a difference to her waking time :flower:

We're only talking 4oz of cows milk which isn't going to make any significant difference to her in terms of dietary needs :flower::hugs:

Good stuff, thanks girls. Was worried I was depriving her by not using follow on!

Her sleep has never changed with growth spurts before but I guess I couldn't be that lucky for ever!

Well after another early rise yesterday (and some really stinky nappies, which is really unheard of for Gaby) I gave her formula last night - and she is still asleep now?! So it was def the cows milk, will see how her nappies are today - is that common when changing milk?

Yes I think it is. Maybe wait a bit longer before changing to cow's milk?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->