Is cramping in first trimester normal?

PINKDIAMOND

Reaction score
Lately i have been experienceing some mild cramps in my stomach. It feels almost like period pains allthough not as severe. They tend to come and go.
I am 5 weeks pregnant and i was just wondering, are these cramps normal?

VERY!

You think its all over don't you those horrid period pains, cramps etc Not at all and sadly you will have spells throughout some say mainly when period would be due as well as other spells of things stretching and bubs growing etc.

:hi: im 5 weeks, 5 days & ive been getting cramping pains too, sometimes they feel like pins & needles or shooting pains, anyone experiencing the same:?:

Very normal its your boby getting ready for the growth of your new life inside of you xxxxx Only time you need worry is if theres bleeding present with the pains xxx but all is wel hun xxxxxxxx

It is normal hun, so try not to worry! :hugs:x

I got them at 5 weeks and everything is fine!!

Hey there

Im 5 wks 5days today and i have been getting all sorts of cramps and twinges of pain. I was advised to go to a&e on Tuesday due to a bad pain on my left side that would not go away. I had a horrible time at the hospital as the poked and prodded me and stuck things in me up me :blush:

I think they expected an eptopic but all was well. I got to have a scan and the bean is in the right place and i saw the heartbeat:happydance:

They said the pain was due to the pocket from the left ovary which the egg was released from. They said it produces hormones and stuff but will eventually go away. However in the mean time it can cause discomfort and pain.

I have however been getting pains all over ever since and have been suffering mild sickness for the last few days. I have invested in some travel sickness bands which seem to help.

Best of luck and don't worry x

After everything I've had wrong with me I'd say EVERYthing is normal when you're pregnant. Although if you're not feeling right within yourself or they're BAD I'd speak to a doctor anyway, to put your mind at rest if nothing else. :)

Ive had them...infact there increasing now more then before lol

Lol I've had spells of cramps, never anything really severe, never worse than period pains :)

Completely normal!! I had them from week 5 to week 7. My doctor told me that there was nothing to be concerned about unless the cramping became severe and/or was accompanied by heavy bleeding.

Thanks to everyone for their replys. I feel a whole lot better now.
Thank you!.

I had them really bad. So bad that i curled up in the fetal position, sweated and yet could not keep my feet still. One night it even put me to the floor. Weird....anyway I had an ultrasound and everything is great and the cramps have since past. I suppose that everyone's body adapts differently and do not worry....everything is just fine!:thumbup:

glad you are feeling better!
Hope to meet you in that section of the forum soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->