Is everyone eating enough fruit and veg????

MamaK

Mama to Miles
Reaction score
I just wondered if I was the only one that has trouble with this. I just dont fancy any fruit or veg really, unless it is put on front of me already cut up and ready to eat (and even at that it is a struggle).

I am forcing myself to eat a banana every day and some other fruits and veggies, but I keep thinking that I should be trying harder, for the sake of giving the LO what it needs ;)

Anyone else got the same thing?

Anyone got good ideas to share of how to eat more... I was thinking of making myself fruit shakes instead.

Nope....i used to be really healthy and love it but ive gone right off it....cant stand it now :(

Multivitamins for pregnant women are what im relying on now xxx

same here - was eating great but now i'm just eating whatever i fancy because most of the time i find it hard to fancy anything. i'm using fruit smoothies and fresh orange juice to try and get some goodness in, and the trusty multivitamins!

I'm having real trouble eating fruit and veg at the moment.

The nausea is making it really difficult and all I seem to be able to stomach is bland stuff like jacket potatoes and plain pasta.

I really should be eating more healthily - I think if I don't feel too sick this afternoon I'll try making a veggie soup.

Baci xx

I think the first 12 weeks is what you have to watch the most, with the brain and heart forming, and if you have taken your folic acids, I wouldnt worry too much. I am just your opposite, I used to eat really bad and wanted to ave loads of coke, but now I am on brown bread, fruits, fish, vegetables. And what surprised me the most was I am having a pint of skimmed milk everyday now and I hate milk! I dont think you should force yourself to eat anything, it could make you sick and that could harm your baby.. Anyway, good luck!!

Erm answer would be nope!
Never have been a fruit and veg person, i dont like much so find it difficult to eat many.
I did eat a banana yesterday, thats an achievement for me lol

Glad I am not the only one... I feel quite bad as every pregnancy website / book I read says that you should be eating at least 5 portions a day and I just dont come close.

I am also taking the preg vits so, as you all said, hope this is making up for some of the things I am lacking ;)

:hug: to all :) xxx

I'm just like the rest of you, and I thought it was only me! All I'm getting for fruits and veggies is apple and orange juice, potatoes, and the occasional veggie sub from subway. And of course the multivitamins....they count as a meal right??? :blush:

im not doing well at all, hardly eat fruit or veg although i had a few grapes earlier and an orange yesterday

haha! you know, to even keep seeing this on the board is making me feel sick!

Hahaha, exactly!!!!

Here I am at my afternoon break and all I wanted was either chips, prawn crackers or rice crispies (went with the last option), even though I have heaps of fruit on my desk!

oooh, i've been a hard and fast wheatabix addict up until now but you mentioning rice krispies got me going - i'm getting some after work!

oooh, i've been a hard and fast wheatabix addict up until now but you mentioning rice krispies got me going - i'm getting some after work!

Hehe :D .... or even better CHOCOPOPS :) I have been eating them like there is no tomorrow :wohoo::loopy:

The first few weeks I could stomach fruit or veg atall and just the sight of it made me feel sick but now im craving granny smiths and carrotts :)
X

I am probably not eating as much fruit and veggie's as I should but definitely more than before i was pregnant

I don't get nearly the recommended amount of fruits and veggies as I should be. Speaking of which, I'll probably try and force myself to eat an orange or banana right now. Yuck.

I also have to force myself to eat them, I am always vaguely queasy lately (I never feel "good" but not quite nauseous and don't have much of an appetite at all either. I try to eat some veggie soups and eat some fruits and managing to drink some OJ. I did really well for a week and a half until the m/s started. I am also taking my prenatal.

Honestly, I don't even eat fruits and veggies. Even if I did, I'm sure I couldn't eat them right now anyways...all I can tolerate is toast. Toast for breakfast...toast for lunch....and toast for dinner. I do put peanut butter on it though, so I'm getting protein atleast and my prenatal vitamins contain everything I'm lacking. I feel so terrible for not being able to eat though :(

Honestly, I don't even eat fruits and veggies. Even if I did, I'm sure I couldn't eat them right now anyways...all I can tolerate is toast. Toast for breakfast...toast for lunch....and toast for dinner. I do put peanut butter on it though, so I'm getting protein atleast and my prenatal vitamins contain everything I'm lacking. I feel so terrible for not being able to eat though :(

Don't worry, I am sure you are fine. I literally ate nothing, other than water and saltines sparingly for the first 6 mos with my daughter because I was so severely sick (hyperemesis)... admitted to the hospital weekly or every other week for dehydration... In fact, I couldn't even keep down my prenatals! I was SOOOOO worried about the baby... Doctor said she would be fine and she was. He told me she would take what she needs from my body. She is actually super smart now, gifted. Go figure.

Hahaha, exactly!!!!

Here I am at my afternoon break and all I wanted was either chips, prawn crackers or rice crispies (went with the last option), even though I have heaps of fruit on my desk!

Im eating prawn crackers as I type! I eat really healthy before I was pregnant but now I can't face it. I have been living on my mums home made soup, however I did managed a couple of plums today. Good job for multi vits! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->