Is flying safe?

Is flying safe during first tri? :baby:

My wife's job involves travel and she flew sometimes twice a week during her first trimester: her OB/GYN informed her that flying while in the first trimester is fine.

I am travelling in May 2010 for my sister's wedding in the Dominican. I will be around 7 months pregnant. I talked to the travel consultant about it and she responded with this:

Up to 35 weeks of pregnancy, women may travel without restriction

Women between their 36th and 39th week of pregnancy are only accepted for travel with a doctor's note dated less than 24 hours prior to the date of travel

After 39 weeks of pregnancy, women will not be accepted for travel

I am travelling in May 2010 for my sister's wedding in the Dominican. I will be around 7 months pregnant. I talked to the travel consultant about it and she responded with this:

Up to 35 weeks of pregnancy, women may travel without restriction

Women between their 36th and 39th week of pregnancy are only accepted for travel with a doctor's note dated less than 24 hours prior to the date of travel

After 39 weeks of pregnancy, women will not be accepted for travel

Oh wow..i heard that no flying close to 9 months..

Here you can fly until 36 weeks on most airlines, and after that you just need a note from your doctor. I flew to Las Vegas (3 hour flight) 7 months pregnant before and and was just fine! I also flew there 8 weeks pregnant.

I am planing flying home from Maryland to Scotland at around 5/6 months and was wondering the same thing, how safe it was!.

I am planing flying home from Maryland to Scotland at around 5/6 months and was wondering the same thing, how safe it was!.

I guess best answer will be from a doctor just to make sure because googling it there's so many different answers to it..

It is supposed to be perfectly safe during 1st, 2nd and begining of 3rd tri

Yeah, I think everyone is different. I flew from Italy to Australia (19hrs total, with a 2hr standby in between flights) at 7mths and had a breezy time of it.

I am flying next week, 8 hours @ 9 weeks.

My MW said its fine
1) get an aisle seat
2) walk at least once an hour
3) drink LOADS of water (thats why you need the aisle seat for loo breaks)
4) wear flight socks
5) wiggle yr ankles lots
So, not a problem!!

Bring on holidays ;-) x

i was going to ask this cos im flying to turkey to see my family for leylas birthday and i will be around 11 weeks, glad to hear its fine :D

x

completley fine, i flew at 8 weeks and 9 weeks xx

I'm flying to Florida in 2 weeks (8 hour flight). Midwife said it would be fine.

I'm getting married!! :D

i flew at 23 weeks pregnant, i went to costa brava in spain which wasnt bad as it was only a 2 hour flight!just drink alot and move about while u can, also move your ankles alot so they dont swell!! hava good hol!! =)

i flew at 23 weeks pregnant, i went to costa brava in spain which wasnt bad as it was only a 2 hour flight!just drink alot and move about while u can, also move your ankles alot so they dont swell!! hava good hol!! =)

We were waiting to try until March as we're going to Western USA (11hr flight) then. Do you think we could ttc now then as it would be okay to fly long haul in T1?

my dr told me when i was preg with lilly i could fly in the 1st tri it was fine..... i have tryed to get a hol in before this bump is due but would be going with my parents in june and the airline state that if when flying back you are 34 you cant fly with them.... and between 29-33 weeks theywant a drs note to say your fit to fly xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->