is FRER really more sensative than dollar store tests?

anagee

Mother of Naddia & TTC #2
Reaction score
I was wondering if FRER tests are more sensitive than Wal-Mart cheapies or dollar store tests? Thank you :)

My cheapies are the same sensitivity as an FRER but I don't think they are the same in terms of reliance! x

Great question, I've been wondering the same thing. I've been saving my two FRER tests, and have been testing with cheapies right now.

Thanks Tink!

I got my bfp on a $ store at like 6 dpo:) I think used cheapies for a week before busting out the big boys :haha:

They're pretty much as sensitive as FRER, but I find that the line can be harder to see and takes a higher hcg level to get a dark line. I got a bfp at 8dpo with DD2. People just need to remember not to freak out if the lines don't get darker over the days :)

I ask because I thought I saw something on a Wal-Mart cheapie and I took a frer hours later an nothing.

I ask because I thought I saw something on a Wal-Mart cheapie and I took a frer hours later an nothing.

Was it a blue dye test? If so be careful, as these tests are know for nasty evap lines:growlmad:

Good question, my last pregnancy, I got a BFP with a $tree at 9dpo and only got a super faint one the next morning with a FRER. :)

With this pregnancy, I had a negative on dollar store @ 9 dpo, positive @ 10 dpo on FRER and the next day both were positive (but dollar store was quite a bit fainter).

I was wondering if FRER tests are more sensitive than Wal-Mart cheapies or dollar store tests? Thank you :)
well i never used the dollar store ones this cycle but i can compare:

FRER i got a bfp at 8dpo
Wondfo i got a bfp at 8dpo

i bought 50 wondfo brand pregnancy tests for just 18 dollars.

frer is more expensive but i guess you can say reliable as a backup if a cheapie gave you an early positive. my wondfo has the same sensitivity as FRER but they showed up easier to see than FRER in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->