Is honestly and integrity important anymore?

I always try to be honest, even though its got me in trouble on more than a few occasions! Sometimes I'm TOO honest. I'd be best off just keeping my mouth shut lol.

It really annoys me how people lie about kids/illnesses etc to get extra benefits. The good people have to struggle through life, working their arses off to get the things they need/want when there are compulsive liars out there that do nothing and get it all anyway.

And that scan issue is just wrong. Those without medical problems should pay privately and leave the other appointments open for people then genuinely need them.

And that scan issue is just wrong. Those without medical problems should pay privately and leave the other appointments open for people then genuinely need them.

Thats it exactly. I think alot of people are comfy telling lies as there appears to be no one suffering from the lie. With the scan thing, the person might argue that they are not hurting anyone, but the truth is the appointment they have been allocated might mean that a woman with a real problem may have to wait an extra day etc and that may be crucial to her outcome.

There is always a victim to a lie, just that its not always obvious. x

I'm not going to tell Maria that Santa is real, I'll just tell her it as a story, like any other story I'll tell her. Might still get OH to dress up and give her presents on Christmas Eve but just because its a fun tradition and I'll make sure she knows its just a game and its really daddy under the costume.

As for more serious lies, I have to admit I find it really hard not to lie sometimes, its a bad habit I got as a kid but I really should make a better effort to be honest as I want to set a good example to Maria.

I try and always be honest with others and myself. If I feel a certain way I will be honest about it, I find it the best way to acknowledge and move on. Even if the emotion isn't a good one.

As far as lying to get ahead. ie at a job interview, or the scan issue already mentioned. I think it's wrong. I think it's the way the world is going though. Values have been lost and it's all about number one.

I will admit to white lies to be kind though. I feel that there is a time and a place for them. I'm certainly not going to tell someone they look fat in an outfit-ever, If they ask. Or if I like their haircut. I think sometimes it's kinder to lie about certain things.

I certainly can't claim to be truthful in every situation- I've told a few naughty fibs and have definitely lied to get out of certain situations (like when a guy wouldn't leave me alone at the pub, so I told him I was transgendered :blush:). I'm absolutely awful with white lies though... I'm not good at keeping my face neutral, so if someone catches my initial reaction they'll know perfectly well whether or not I actually like their new outfit, lol.

I don't do big lies though, or lies to get ahead or scam somebody. Stuff like that pisses me off, and I never, NEVER tempt fate. I find it deeply shocking and kind of frightening (I'm probably superstitious, but still!) when people will say, for example, that they can't go to work because their baby is sick, or because their grandmother died or something. :nope:

I'm only human and do fib on occasion, little white lies. To lie about bleeding in a pregnancy to get an early scan is pathetic and more than anything, tempting fate.

I do tell little white lies here and there when needed and sometimes just to keep the peace..

I hate hate hate the scan thing in 1st Tri however, As someone who has had to wait when there really was a problem it was horrible.. Ive been in and out of the EPAU more times than I would care to count and to think that sometimes, ive not recieved the care I should of or fast enough because someone has lied is terrible I always say in those threads that they shouldnt do it but I bet alot still do :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->