Is it all too late for me this cycle??

live_in_hope

VR miracle Mummy now TTC 3rd (not VR)
Reaction score
hi there,

I had blood tests yesterday at 7dpo as I suspect I suffer with low progesterone....i have to wait until next friday before I get my results. If for some miracle i do get my BFP this cycle, i will find out before friday....if I am pregnant and my results come back that I have low progesterone, is it too late to start taking progesterone? :shrug: or will i just m iscarry again?

Please help, ive had no response from my last few posts....:cry: xx

I didn't want to read and run but I'm sorry I don't know the answer :hugs: I would have thought that if you have a bfp and have not yet started spotting or bleeding then it would be worth taking the progesterone to try and ensure you don't mc.

I'm no expert, purely speculating but as progesterone drops our womb sheds the lining and if that hasn't started surely its not too late. Hope you get some more definite answers soon and good luck x

I havent had any experience with low progesterone - I had my blood tests and they came back perfectly normal, but I didnt want to read and run! I've seen your other posts, but I had no idea how to help!

however! from what I can find, it's perfectly possible to maintain a pregnancy with low progesterone. your GP will likely have a discussion with you if you do discover that you are pregnant and have low progesterone, and from what I can see, there are suppositories you'll be prescribed to take every day for the first trimester, to help raise your progesterone levels.

sorry I couldnt offer any first hand experience! but hope the above helped :)

thank you both of you :hugs: and you have helped yes! Thank you! I was so worried that id have to take progesterone earlier in my cycle for it to take effect and then worried that there would be nothing i could do if i was pregnant, but wait and miscarry. So you have answered my question :thumbup: thank you, really appreciate it :flower: xxx

Hey. My ob said that if low progesterone was a problem or if I was concerned to come in as soon as I got BFP and he would prescribe for me to take during the pregnancy. So I don't think it's too late!

A friend on another thread got her bfp a few days ago and her ob has just given her progesterone so doesn't seem like it could be too late x

aww thank you!! :thumbup: just keeping everything crossed now that i get my bfp! :dance: usually suffer with short LPs so im 8dpo now with a nice rise in temp this morning and no sign of af so hopefully the vitb complex are helping to lengthen it so if i was lucky this cycle then hopefully itl get a chance to stick...fingers crossed!!!

Ooh brilliant news, good luck!!! Let us know won't you x

aw thank you, i will do!...ive not really been symptom spotting this time, only noting things that have stood out and this past few hours ive had some twingey cramps on my right side and hubby hugged me and my boobs hurt and when i touch my nipples, they're tender....that has only ever happened on my pregnancy cycles, so fingers crossed. :thumbup: xx

:blush: i did a frer this morning :blush: lol...only because my temp was still up and I had one there...lol, not surprised to see a bfn but if temp is up again 2moro i will test again :thumbup: x

Not yet but my opks are darker today. I think maybe Tuesday or Wednesday!! My temp usually takes a big dip the day I ovulate so I should have an idea when it happens!! Yippee x

:cry: my temp plummeted this morning :cry: and have af cramps, but Ive had cramps first thing in the morning for a few days but the go once im up and moving...ive had a look around and no sign of blood or reddy cm...still creamy.... dont know what im more upset about,the fact Im not preg or the fact that if i start today, then my lp is only 9 days :cry: despite the vitb complex ive been takin all month .... well fingers crossed my bloods show something coz there's definitely something wrong!!! :cry: x

she came late morning....feel so bummed.... Only 4 more days to go until i see the doctor for ky blood test results... We shall see! X

Aww sorry Hun :hugs: last cycle I only had a 9day lp as well and was really gutted and shocked when I realised af had arrived. I hope the doctor is able to help you and prescribe something to lengthen your lp.

I'm really hoping mine will be longer this cycle, it used to be 14 days, but we will have to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->