Is it bad that I haven't booked first appointment yet?

Preggos

Reaction score
For my first pregnancy, I was booking my first doctors appointment the morning after I got my BFP (4 Weeks)...with this pregnancy I have really slacked on getting an appointment.

Is it really a big deal to go see the doctor right away? The only thing they will really do is give me another pregnancy test to confirm pregnancy and then set up my first scan which is scheduled at 10 weeks anyways.

I do have an appt next week though, but I just wanted to see when other women went to the doctors with their 2nd pregnancy?

If I hadn't had bleeding early on that I wanted investigated, my insurance doesn't have you see adoctor until about 10 wees, and my OB doesn't actually want to see me until 12 week (I'll actually be 12w4d at my appointment).

I've not booked in yet either and will be 10 weeks on Friday. I'm reluctant due to previous experiences especially my last midwife's attitude to having been pregnant with my 4th child. Do it when you feel ready, the only downside to not getting that appointment earlier is scan timing x

I won't be able to book anything until about the 8-9 week mark as we are moving countries! I think as long as you are booked by the 10-12 week point, you are fine :)

OB won't book until 8-10 weeks, but the OB that I WANT didn't have anything available until 10+3, so that's when my first one will be.

I think it depends, I called mine right away because I need the referral from the family doctor to get in to a ob. But the ob appointment doesn't take place till between 10 and 13 weeks

mine was just before 6 weeks, but it was just questions etc and bloodwork. my physical/pap is booked when im exactly 10 weeks, and my first scan is 12w1d

In my area its the most stupid system I've known. We get a pack from our GP, fill it out and hand into the midwifes office which is in another area of town, then wait for a call then they give us an appointment. I'm still waiting for a call. I'm guessing they will want to book me in on the 27th October, but I'm busy that day, so we'll have to see.

On the plus side I'm seeing the nurse today so can see what's going on with her.

It's a central phone line here now, so I just went ahead and booked myself in. I wasn't yet registered with a GP in this area, so that's why I went this early...would have probably waited until 8ish weeks otherwise. I now have an appointment with the midwife at 8 weeks and a scan at 13 weeks. Can't really be bothered with the midwife appointment, but I guess it'll be good to have a chat about my wishes for this pregnancy and birth (won't agree to induction just for going overdue and might fancy a homebirth)

So yeah, I'd probably call at around 8 weeks just to give them plenty of time to book you in for a scan.

Thanks for all the responses.

I did have my first appt, and the GP just confirmed pregnancy and set up initial bloodwork and ultrasound referral.

Now I just wait for the call for the ultrasound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->