Is It Dangerous or Bad for Baby?

Leanne&Bump..x

Mam of Karl & a Pup x
Reaction score
If you lie flat on your back? :S I dunno if i read it or heard it somewhere,or im just mad!:blush:
Anyone got any ideas?

You're not meant to cos the pressure on a nerve and it can make you sick and dizzy...I think there may be more reasons but i sometimes sleep on my back just depends where i'm comfy. In genral though they want you to sleep on your side..

I think it can make you feel dizzy if you lie flat on your back.. dont think it causes any issues with the baby though.. more uncomfortable for you... but if you lay on your left side its best for baby because of the blood flow (I think... Don't quote me on that ;) )

sorry I'm not much help ??

Sleeping on your back while pregnant can create pressure on a major vein called the inferior vena cava. This vein returns blood from the lower body to your heart. This may lead to lightheadedness and/or numbness. In addition this may cause pressure on your back and intestines, leading to discomfort.

Sleeping on your stomach is not recommended because it can cause pressure on the fetus.

Most physicians recommend that a woman sleep on her left side while pregnant. this allows for the maximum blood flow to the baby, and it will also improve kidney function for the mother. The improved kidney flow will help to reduce swelling. Because your liver is on the right side of your body, sleeping on your left will keep the pressure off your liver.

Ames thats what i heard that your left side was the best..

It's actually best for everyone - pregnant or not - to try to sleep on the left side because of the way the heart pumps blood around the body. It's just that when you're pregnant you have extra weight pressing down restricting the circulation.

Dont beat yourself up if you find yourself on your right side or your back or even your stomach in early pregnancy. Even just having a pillow, which most of us have, stops you from being flat on your back. Your body will wake up if there's a problem. I often wake on my right side so I just turn to the other side.

x

You can sleep on your back, you will know if you are laying on the vein, some people laying on your back doesn't affect it.

I layed on my back for most of the early pregnancy and sometimes can, but it is too uncomfortable on my stomach now :(

I have to lay on my back because its the only way I'm not putting pressure on my legs, which is the only way I can sleep. But I use two pillows to elevate my head so its not flat.

i sometimes end up on my stomach too but that lasts for about 5 seconds flat because its super uncomfortable and I start getting brutally kicked hah

It's actually best for everyone - pregnant or not - to try to sleep on the left side because of the way the heart pumps blood around the body. It's just that when you're pregnant you have extra weight pressing down restricting the circulation.

lol It's not best for people with gallbladder problems as it just makes then sick! Until being pregnant I'd only had the luxury of sleeping on my left side about 5 times in as many years on a rare super-happy digestive day!

lol It's not best for people with gallbladder problems as it just makes then sick! Until being pregnant I'd only had the luxury of sleeping on my left side about 5 times in as many years on a rare super-happy digestive day!

I did mean in 'general'!! How have you been since you were pregnant??

x

I did mean in 'general'!! How have you been since you were pregnant??

x

lol I know! Amazingly since getting pregnant it's like I have a normal gallbladder! I think it must be the slow digestion. I have sciatica down the right so have been forced to sleep on the left quite often and it's not made me feel sick (except with usual nausea that would be there anyway). I forget but when I'm not pregnant I'll miss not having migraines at least once a week and being able to eat and digest anything.

You've been pretty yakky the whole time havent you...:( :hugs:

x

i've been trying hard to sleep on my left but always wake up on my right.... :dohh: x x

You've been pretty yakky the whole time havent you...:( :hugs:

x

lol I really have! Thanks for the hugs! Can't say it's been a pleasure, this pregnancy lark. The slightly ironic thing is that it's still all been classed as a normal healthy pregnancy leading to my lovely home water birth. Except now if this muscle and transverse baby thing is serious I'll end up with a bloody section anyway!

Sorry for diverting the thread topic....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->