is it just me or did my bump literally appear overnight?! Is this normal?!

RosieandBaby

Reaction score
Dumb question for you ladies, but is this normal? I swear i was looking in the mirror the other day and saw nothing, and starting yesterday morning, well, hello bump! I thought yesterday i must just be really bloated, but today it's still there. Does it really happen just like that. This is my first baby and i just assumed it happened more gradually?

Yeah, mine did the same- I went out for a meal and wooah- there it was! and it seemed to stay- it is bigger at night! I'm 15 weeks and a few days. Glad I'm not the only one ;)

I remember having that exact same feeling with my first preg. Woke up one morning at 16 weeks and went 'where did that come from!'

Yep. Happened to me last Wednesday. My lower abs were super sore all Tuesday and then Wednesday I woke up & just felt bigger. I took a shower & tried to get dressed but none of my pants would fit (even the ones I wore the day before)! :haha:

exact same thing happenned to me this morning! normally I would think it be bloating but definately not first thing in the morning without having eaten anything...a week ago it was flat in the morning! so cool....

Yep, mine just popped out this week. It's lovely now it looks like a bump rather than too many cakes :D xx

I went to buy cheap nappies from the asda baby event the other day and was really self conscious as I was the only one in the aisle without a visible bump, just lookin a little extra tubby, next day I get up and think "bloody he'll I'm pregnant" lol to the point that overnight people have started to comment on bump!

Yeps. I'm in the midst of officially popping, I think. But I started to pop at 14 weeks. At 13 weeks I was still just showing a bit of tub-like bloat and suddenly, at the beginning of 14 weeks I was rushing to the store to pick up maternity pants. I've been having little growth spurts the past two weeks but the past day or two my bump has grown significantly. It's amazing but I'm already getting uncomfortable. I'm carrying low so I'm already having a hard time sitting up straight. It's too pinchy. lol

Yes happened to me too - looked in mirror and there it was!

I found out I was pregnant in the ER at 19 weeks, and thought it was a joke until I woke up at 21 weeks and BAM belly.

it happened to me this week. People kept saying i had no bump, i went out yesterday with them and suddenly its there! i quite like it, people keep saying 'oh, so u are actually pregnant then!!!'- just a slow developing bump! :)

me to, me to! its literally over the past week ive felt my stomach stretching and now I actually have a recognisable bump, had to get some maternity clothes today. I love it!x

Thanks for all your responses! Glad it's not all in my head. I'm so excited, i just want to show it off now. Haha! When i felt bloated i was wanting to wear nothing but baggy clothes and sweats. Now i'm like, ooh, give me a tight t-shirt to show it off!

Yep. Mine popped out on Tuesday. I put my trousers on on Tuesday morning and couldn't do them up. I kept catching glimpses of myself in the mirrors at work and couldn't believe my eyes! Showed Hubby when I got home and his eyes popped out of his head!
I'm currently living in leggings but even they've become uncomfortable now. I'm wearing them pushed under my bump as I speak. I have a knee length dress on so you can't tell.

Yep, mine did the same. Went from flat to popped overnight. Same thing happened to my boobs. They were just there one morning. I also expected it to be a more gradual change, but nope!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->