• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is it just me with these symptoms? Please read...

kimberleyrobx

Reaction score
For the last 4-5 days i have been having these symptoms. I cant look at the tele for too long or my eyes hurt, i cant look at the laptop when the brightness is up full anymore... I have my laptop and iPhone brightness around the middle or lower because my eyes just cant cope with the light! They are extremely sensitive right now! Whenever i am sat staring at a screen for a while I have to go lie down in bed under the duvet where its pitch black because afterwards, even light coming through the windows is making my eyes sting!
And this tiredness... oh my god! I have been knackered ever since becoming pregnant... Right now i am taking at least one nap every single day... I am finding it extremely difficult to get out of bed in the mornings! I am usually an early bird and more than happy to get up at 7am every day but for the last while I have been sleeping in for an extra hour or two... I just cant bring my head off of the pillow! This morning OH got up with the babies around 07:30am and i didnt get out of bed until 10:30am! Usually once i wake up, im awake all day but this morning i woke up around 5 times and dozed back off every time! When i eventually sat up in the bed to get up, my vision was fuzzy, i felt nauseous and my head was thumping! I always feel so weak! It is really irritating me along with everything else my hormones are doing to me, the amount im sleeping is ridiculous! :nope:

Hey hun,
It definitely wasn't as bad as yours but I went through a week, around week 9 or 10 where my eyes were more sensitive to light, I only noticed it in sunlight, I kept wanting to close my eyes while walking. For me it went away quickly, hoping yours doesn't last too long.
I would definitely tell your midwife about your dizzyness, headaches and sore eyes, they sound like normal symptoms due to the increase in blood volume but she/he may have some ways to help.
Tiredness like that is definitely just something lots of ladies go through, it must be really hard though :/ :hugs: Check to make sure you're not low on iron, your haemoglobin naturally falls from early pregnancy so anyone can get a bit anaemic.

Wishing you luck and strength x

I'm the same, hun. My eyes struggle, and I'm so extremely tired...moreso than I ever thought I would be! I go to bed early every night (8:30 is my absolute limit!) and struggle to get out of bed before 9. And then within about 2 hours of being up, I can't keep my eyes open and end up having one or two naps during the day. I still don't feel well rested though :shrug: I'm probably sleeping about 14-16 hours a day!

Apparently vision can vary in early pregnancy, particularly if you already require glasses (like me). Apparently it should settle as you get into 2nd tri, and go back to normal. But I'd definitely suggest mentioning it to your mw, just in case it is that your iron levels are low. I've found that wearing my glasses whilst looking at screens helps reduce the pain I get, or wearing sunglasses.

Hope you get some relief soon x

I dont wear glasses or anything, but i feel like i need them right now! Again today i didnt get up until 10:30am and i was back in bed by 02:30pm because my head was sore and my vision fuzzy etc... again i didnt wake up until 5:30pm! It's 8:40pm right now and i seriously feel like i could go back to bed... this is ridiculous! I was thinking my iron levels might be low, might make an appointment with my midwife and let her check them xx

I havent been able to properly use the laptop for weeks, makes me dizzy, I had this in my previous pregnancy too. It's an odd one! I don't wear glasses so I wonder if its just hormonal changes to vision during pregnancy.x

I havent been able to properly use the laptop for weeks, makes me dizzy, I had this in my previous pregnancy too. It's an odd one! I don't wear glasses so I wonder if its just hormonal changes to vision during pregnancy.x

Im the same, i have never wore or needed glasses etc so im guessing its just because of the pregnancy, or i hope so at least! I do not suit glasses! This pregnany has definitely been the hardest on me so far, i think its because i have a much better understanding of my body and i know what it 'me' and what is 'pregnancy'! Never had this before though, it stings so much! xx

Yes! And slightly blurry vision too, almost like I've gone up a stop on my contact lens prescription! Had it every single pregnancy and it goes again after the pregnancy ends! Strange phenomenon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->