is it just me ..

Mummymoo_x

Reaction score
We've picked a name we like for a girl. Isabella Rose. (Rose is a family name on my mothers side & I think its pretty too.) We chose Isabella as its not common where we are..we think Bella, Bells etc are cute nicknames.

For a boy we're unsure..

ANYWAY.... we've kept this name to ourselves because we just dont want peoples opinions on the name...my mum keeps asking me and we are close but I know how honest she can be and I feel bad for keeping it from her & I want to tell her but I dont want her to put us off the name! Hahaha.... it just makes me cringe whenever someone asks what names we like!! & she keeps trying to suggest names too! (Shes not annoying me in any way) lol.

Anyone else like this? Haha

Just dont want our name to be ruined..so before I tell her do you think theres anything wrong with the name? X

Beautiful name, but quite common, but I think that's the only fault you could pick with it, and it's not even a fault, it just means a lot of other people think it's beautiful too :flower:

Beautiful name, but quite common, but I think that's the only fault you could pick with it, and it's not even a fault, it just means a lot of other people think it's beautiful too :flower:

I suppose thats a good way of thinking of it :) x

im in the same boat! we chose olivia for a girl but not telling family or friends. my grandmother is going nuts guessing lol

Nothing wrong with it at all. It's gorgeous and quite popular atm! x

Agree! Gorgeous name! Popular - but love it!

We named our daughter Isabel knowing that it was quite popular--though I liked the name years before it was in the top 10! (And it was my great-grandmother's name.) So far in school it hasn't been too bad because there are many variations and nicknames out there: Isabella, Isabelle, Izzy, Bella, Belle and they all seem to get used. So go for it!

But do stay strong and keep it a secret. Too many people I know have been discouraged from using their favorite name by others, esp family, and then regretted it, including me (with my first!).

I think its a beautiful name, however, I would still just keep it to myself, you are so close why take the chance they will somehow ruin it for you in any way. Once LO is here everyone will be so in love with her that it wont matter to them what you name her.

We loved a name for our LO.. my mom immediately ruined it for us. All because she didn't like a girl 20+ years ago with a similar name, Not because she hated the name itself.

We kept DD's name a secret until she was born and we plan to do the same this time too for the same reason you mentioned, we didn't want anyone else's opinions clouding our judgement. It was quite fun to keep people guessing!

I did end up caving in and telling her!!! She does like the name. But I did say I didnt want her opinion on it if it was going to be mean! Haha its not her choice anyway :)

I have an isabella and we call her bells all the time so i definitely approve!

I lied to everyone who asked me had we decided on names and told them we hadnt because i felt awkward saying no im not telling!

I have an isabella and we call her bells all the time so i definitely approve!

I lied to everyone who asked me had we decided on names and told them we hadnt because i felt awkward saying no im not telling!

I love the name! & bells is so cute its so girly. :) (I bet I end up having a boy now though, lol.) & I REALLY am stuck for boys!!

So I'm not actually lying when I say that ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->