Is it just me ..........................

sabby52

Mother, Nanny
Reaction score
Or does anyone else put tights on their baby boy?? The weather is so cold right now and I am always worried about Dec getting cold, he isnt keen on having a blanket over him and kicks it off, so I put tights on him. Anyone else?? or am I going to scar my little man for life!!!:rofl:

lol no i dont just trousers, socks shoes, blanket xx

my partner would be slightly worried if i was putting him in tights hehe xx

I would. When it is bitterly cold I always wrap Anna up and put tights under her trousers. If I had a boy I would do the same - it keeps their little leggies nice and warm :) No one can see that they have tights on under their trousers anyway. I usually put socks and shoes on Anna as well and would do the same for a boy. - It's not like you're dressing him in a dress and tights so everyone thinks his a girl!

I think it's a good idea :) Especially as he won't keep his blanket on! Cheaky baby! :lol:

I would. When it is bitterly cold I always wrap Anna up and put tights under her trousers. If I had a boy I would do the same - it keeps their little leggies nice and warm :) No one can see that they have tights on under their trousers anyway. I usually put socks and shoes on Anna as well and would do the same for a boy. - It's not like you're dressing him in a dress and tights so everyone thinks his a girl!

I think it's a good idea :) Especially as he won't keep his blanket on! Cheaky baby! :lol:

Thanks hun, I do put BOYS socks on top of the tights !!!!:rofl: So that nobody can tell. Just thought I was a bit weird putting tights on a boy :blush:

My sil does it! Have to say i found it strange when i first seen him in tights. Didn't help he was wearing a dress either :rofl: (It was his christening hence the dress.)

My sil does it! Have to say i found it strange when i first seen him in tights. Didn't help he was wearing a dress either :rofl: (It was his christening hence the dress.)

I was reading this and was like :shock: when you said he was in a dress :rofl: Then I read on and was like ohhhhhhh. :rofl:

i have said about this to DH before but he said its a silly idea lol, i put sleepsuits on kai then trousers over the top anyway, that way his legs are warm without having to put tights on him lol

I've been wanting to put tights on Sam for months :rofl: ...he won't keep socks and shoes on for more than about 5 seconds so we always end up out with bare feet in the middle of winter! x

Can't you buy some kind of leg warmers for both sexes? Sure I seen mention of them before.

I put red or blue tights under Aaron's trousers in cold weather as his socks never stay on. Far more practical!

i don't hun... I just put socks, trousers... i don't think is right to put tights on boys... That is just me.

I always put tights on dylan when it is cold, keeps his wee legs warm.
But then again you already know that. lol

I do. I have a great pair of navy and white rugby stripe pair of tights that I put on Brennan. I just put those on and a onsie when it is cool here, and I love it. SO freaking cute. My DH doesn't like them, but I don't care. It is impossible to keep socks on the child.

I do. I have a great pair of navy and white rugby stripe pair of tights that I put on Brennan. I just put those on and a onsie when it is cool here, and I love it. SO freaking cute. My DH doesn't like them, but I don't care. It is impossible to keep socks on the child.

I am glad you said it is cute because I didnt want to sound any weirder than I already do :muaha:, but I love it to and it is so, sooooooooooo cute, Dec has ones out of baby gap with a big brown teddy on the bum, it is adorable when I just let him run around after a nappy change in this little tights :cloud9:

no, i haven't put elliot in tights-i just put socks and trousers on then a blanket however i do admit its getting hard work now he wriggles so much!! so its tempting to get some.

keely.

I don't use tights, actually never thought of it. I have a couple pairs of sweat suits for Peyton and a pair of kackis that are fleeced lined. I put socks on him as well, he will pull them off, but doesn't seem to mind. I just put them back on. When we are on the go, he lets me put a blanket over his lap so he stays warm. All of his sleepsuits have footies in them so he doesn't need socks at night. I don't think putting tights on your boy is horrible. If that is the only way you can keep him warm, so be it. Who cares what other people think, as long as your not dressing him in pretty little pink dresses, lol!!!

i don't hun... I just put socks, trousers... i don't think is right to put tights on boys... That is just me.

There's not particularly anything wrong with it is there? It's just to keep them warm it's not a fashion statement! :rofl:

For babies that won't keep socks or blankets on it is simply a matter of practicality.

The baby won't remember and be scarred for life or anything; it's not like anyone's pretending their baby is a girl and dressing them up in little girls clothes... it's just literally to keep him warm, which in this sort of cold, is better, I think, than trying to protect some kind of male pride that he doesn't even have yet!

I think it was a bit harsh to say it is wrong to put tights on boys, or 'not right', which means the same thing... it's not wrong, it's just different and there's nothing wrong about that - it's just to keep the little cherubs warm!

I never thought of that! Pretty good idea though, lol. Colton will never keep socks on! We cleaned the truck out and there were like 8-9 pairs of socks in there! :shock:

not some thing i have done as jack will keep his socks and blankets on when we are out for a walk x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->