Is it normal to be out of breath already?

FeliciaD

Char and Baby #2's Mommy!
Reaction score
This is the third time I've noticed I've been out of breath after going up there stairs. With DD we live in a one story house, so the only stairs were the 2 porch stairs. Now, we live in a 2 story townhouse that I think has like 10 steps. :)shrug:) I'm only 4 weeks 6 days, and I don't think I'm that out of shape. DD and I came back from visiting my family October 20th and since then, TBH, I haven't really done any kind of "real exercise" other than going for walks around the neighborhood when Daddy's at work. And I've been trying to eat healthier, even though I didn't really eat all that much "junk" anyway. I'm 5'4" and I think the last time I got weighed 2months ago I was 114-and I know I've lost weight since then as none of my pants fit like they used to even with me being super bloated. :haha:

Hubby jokingly said before leaving for work today "maybe you should go for more walks if you're getting winded like that going up and down the stairs". Is this normal? I mean, I don't smoke anymore and when I did it was soo little that it was pointless to even smoke; I don't have asthma and my allergies haven't been acting up; and I'm not all stuffy like I am when I'm sick.

I don't know but I have it too. Especially if I'm bloated.

I have been getting winded walking up and down stairs as well..... I don't remember when it started but it was pretty early on.

However, I am overweight and was following a pretty routine workout schedule up until I was about 6 weeks pregnant.... I had lost 50 lbs. However, spotting until 9 weeks and now the onset of high blood pressure have kept me from my workouts.

I think I saw somewhere that it was normal to be a bit winded early on but now I don't know if I'm getting winded because of the pregnancy, being overweight and not working out anymore, or because of my high blood pressure (thankfully I'm on meds and it's coming down).

Not sure if any of this really helped you at all but if you don't have high blood pressure...I wouldn't worry too much about it.

It happens to me all the time. It's because of increased blood flow and your guts being shifted around. :]

Can be a sign of anaemia so perhaps ask for a blood test?

it also can be dehydration, make sure your drinking lots of water. ;)

i have asthma but i have been getting out of breath since around 4 months im now 8 months and even getting up is a struggle :-( be worth it in the end xx

I have asthma as well and been noticing a difficulty in breathing... however i havent been using my asthma treatments because they have steriods in them and am suppose to talk to my doctor about safer alternatives. It just stinks when the doctor doesnt even want to see you until your 8 weeks plus, along. I have an appointment Tuesday.. this is definately something i will discuss with them... it can't be good for the baby when mommy can't catch her breath.

I have asthma as well and been noticing a difficulty in breathing... however i havent been using my asthma treatments because they have steriods in them and am suppose to talk to my doctor about safer alternatives. It just stinks when the doctor doesnt even want to see you until your 8 weeks plus, along. I have an appointment Tuesday.. this is definately something i will discuss with them... it can't be good for the baby when mommy can't catch her breath.

They're safe, I promise (I'm an asthmatic, too, and I asked). It's much worse for you to skip your meds, because if you're not getting enough oxygen, baby suffers first.

Regarding the OP, I'm in the same boat. Moving much slower these days already. We were at the mall last night and I had to ask my guy to slow down because I couldn't keep up. Usually I'm the fast walker. :D

Your heart rate will have sped up by about 15 beats per minute, so it's working harder even when you're not doing very much.

I've found that I've had to slow down considerably. Aside from being out of breath it makes my hip go clicky lol! But going up the stairs at work really knackers me out, I have to keep going quickly though otherwise I'm scared I'll stop at the top and fall backwards down the stairs!

I've found that I've had to slow down considerably. Aside from being out of breath it makes my hip go clicky lol! But going up the stairs at work really knackers me out, I have to keep going quickly though otherwise I'm scared I'll stop at the top and fall backwards down the stairs!

Thats how I am lately. :haha: But thanks girls, I just wanted to get your opinions on whether something might be wrong as I don't remember anything from when I was preggo with DD. :blush::haha:

I've been getting winded as well. But I also have asthma and haven't been using my treatments either until I talk to the doctor about it on Wednesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->