Is it normal to only feel movement lying down at 18 weeks?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Nicola83, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Nicola83

Nicola83 Well-Known Member

I've been feeling movement from the baby for the last week but it only seems to be when I lie down really flat on the bed. When I do this my stomach kind of sucks in around bump and it becomes really pronounced, then I can feel movement as if the baby is flipping about (I'm even convinced I can feel it from the outside too but maybe i'm just imagining that!).

Is this normal?

2. CocoaOne

CocoaOne Well-Known Member

Perfectly normal x

3. hopeforamirac

hopeforamirac Well-Known Member

yes its normal :)

4. Heidi

Heidi Mummy to two girls

I feel bubs the most when i'm laid down, so i'm sure its nothing to worry about :)

5. Terrilea

Terrilea Me,OH & r beautiful Ruby

I still feel the baby the most when i'm lying down, although i can feel her when im sat up or walking round now too.
    But at 18 weeks i could only feel her when lying down at night, that lasted until about 20weeks when i started to feel more movemnet at diff stages throughout the day xx

6. Janiepops

Janiepops Mum of 2 :)

I'm the total opposite! I can only feel movements when I'm sitting up or walking! Lol now THAT can't be right....

7. Miss_Bump

Miss_Bump Well-Known Member

Sounds normal to me.
    I can feel her more when im flat on my back :haha: but over the last few days i can feel her when im sitting at my desk
    xx

8. MayBaby

MayBaby Well-Known Member

I'm exactly the same as Miss Bump!! I can feel him when I'm laying down resting but for the last few days, I can feel him when I sit at my desk :) xx

9. ilovecocopops

ilovecocopops Well-Known Member

most of the time i can only feel my baby moving around when i lay on my side and concentrate! hehe!! At 18 weeks it is still pretty soon to be feeling movement, I felt one thing at 18 weeks then nothing really until a couple of weeks ago x

10. andresmummy

andresmummy Well-Known Member

I get movement when I am still and laying down at night. I get kicked/punched when i have to pee. I just started to feel movement during the day when I get hungry and need to eat... Yep, it's normal! ENJOY!!:flower:

11. kristen77

kristen77 Well-Known Member

totally normal hun, i didn't feel any movement when i was moving about till about 20 weeks but felt it lying down in bed from 18 weeks! x

12. jbrocksmith

jbrocksmith Well-Known Member

I would say it's perfectly normal!! :) I started feeling our baby boy when lying down at 17 weeks! Compared to alot of first time pregnant women it's pretty early...but I would consider us very lucky!! :) There is no better feeling!! I will definitely miss it.

13. Lara310809

Lara310809 Mum of 3 girls

At 18 weeks I couldn't feel anything, so I don't know. I felt kicks for the first time on Saturday at 19+6; I was lying down. I had flutters again today, at 20+1, and I was sitting at my desk.

So I'm not sure, but to me it makes sense that you can feel more when you're lying down. I have a bit of podge on my belly, and when I lie down it's just the bump, so having the podge move aside is naturally going to emphasise all movements.

14. sabriena

sabriena Well-Known Member

I only feel the baby moving when I am sitting up. I felt the baby once when I was laying down. So it's pretty normal I'd say :D