Is it normal to only feel movement lying down at 18 weeks?

Nicola83

Reaction score
I've been feeling movement from the baby for the last week but it only seems to be when I lie down really flat on the bed. When I do this my stomach kind of sucks in around bump and it becomes really pronounced, then I can feel movement as if the baby is flipping about (I'm even convinced I can feel it from the outside too but maybe i'm just imagining that!).

Is this normal?

I feel bubs the most when i'm laid down, so i'm sure its nothing to worry about :)

I still feel the baby the most when i'm lying down, although i can feel her when im sat up or walking round now too.
But at 18 weeks i could only feel her when lying down at night, that lasted until about 20weeks when i started to feel more movemnet at diff stages throughout the day xx

I'm the total opposite! I can only feel movements when I'm sitting up or walking! Lol now THAT can't be right....

Sounds normal to me.
I can feel her more when im flat on my back :haha: but over the last few days i can feel her when im sitting at my desk
xx

I'm exactly the same as Miss Bump!! I can feel him when I'm laying down resting but for the last few days, I can feel him when I sit at my desk :) xx

most of the time i can only feel my baby moving around when i lay on my side and concentrate! hehe!! At 18 weeks it is still pretty soon to be feeling movement, I felt one thing at 18 weeks then nothing really until a couple of weeks ago x

I get movement when I am still and laying down at night. I get kicked/punched when i have to pee. I just started to feel movement during the day when I get hungry and need to eat... Yep, it's normal! ENJOY!!:flower:

totally normal hun, i didn't feel any movement when i was moving about till about 20 weeks but felt it lying down in bed from 18 weeks! x

I would say it's perfectly normal!! :) I started feeling our baby boy when lying down at 17 weeks! Compared to alot of first time pregnant women it's pretty early...but I would consider us very lucky!! :) There is no better feeling!! I will definitely miss it.

At 18 weeks I couldn't feel anything, so I don't know. I felt kicks for the first time on Saturday at 19+6; I was lying down. I had flutters again today, at 20+1, and I was sitting at my desk.

So I'm not sure, but to me it makes sense that you can feel more when you're lying down. I have a bit of podge on my belly, and when I lie down it's just the bump, so having the podge move aside is naturally going to emphasise all movements.

I only feel the baby moving when I am sitting up. I felt the baby once when I was laying down. So it's pretty normal I'd say :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->