Is it normal to still feel like this?!!

kez.220407

1 Gorgeous DS & #2 on way
Reaction score
Hey all, just got a quick question for you.

I had a mc @ 6wks on 19th August, so nearly 8 weeks ago. I was doing really really well coping with it, I thought I had sorted my head out and handled my emotions really well considering. But now, my word, I am like a big emotional rollercoaster wreckage!!

I went to a christening at the weekend and I just wanted to run out of it as quickly as I had walked in!! There were gorgeous babies and pregnant bellies at every angle!!

I'm not usually an emotional person but over the last couple of days if I haven't been snapping someones head off or shouting at DF then I have been bawling my eyes out like a proper cry baby! And I am so tired, my energy levels have hit the floor big time.

Is it normal to still be feeling like this? Do you think the christening just brought it all back or do you think there could be something else at play? We are ttc now and I am 8 dpo today but I just don't know what's going on, my emotions have gone whacko!!

If anyone can help I would hugely appreciate it!

K xx

hi hun i know how u feel ur nt mad at all i had a mmc at 12 weeks on the 19th aug too,we r trying again 2 but am a emotional wreck too up 1 min and down the nxt its so hard aint it x

I am very up and down too. I, like you, thought that I had handled the whole situation really well initially, but as time goes on, I'm getting worse. Doesnt help that my closest friend has just had her 12 week scan (that's when I discovered mine had died) and my SIL is 27 weeks gone. Its everywhere I turn.
Had meal out with SIL & MIL on Saturday and they were just talking babies and I just wanted to scream "Hello, have you forgotten what i've been through, just cos its been 7 weeks doesn't mean i'm over it!"
Have gone from not crying at all to crying at every little thing so I can understand what you're going through :hug:

Aww, I thought I was comming to terms with mine until friday ( i had a miscarriage on 22nd Aug @ 5 weeks).

A lady in my work just announced her pregnancy, scan pics and everything - turns out she is due the same day I was. I felt like someone had ripped my wee heart out.

Brought back all the tears and emotions - just had the most awful weekend dealing with it :(

And I thought I was getting better.....

So maybe it is normal if were all like this :)

Kez, I was exactly the same from around 5 or 6 dpo. Thought I'd dealt with the mmc (had medical management on September 12) relatively well considering and was feeling ok generally and then suddenly, bam!, emotional mess. It's been coming and going and I have lots of pregnancy symptoms, so I'm thinking that it might be hormones related to a new pregnancy. But then it might just be the psychological pressure of knowing I might be pregnant but not being able to know for sure yet. Or it might be just a normal hormonal pms thing that just gets worse in your first cycle post mc? Who knows. Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone though. I've actually had a few good days now but having a bad one again today. I think you just have to go with it and be good to yourself and as patient as you can possibly be. I definitely don't think it's a reason to worry though and it will get better. :hugs:

Hey all, just got a quick question for you.

I had a mc @ 6wks on 19th August, so nearly 8 weeks ago. I was doing really really well coping with it, I thought I had sorted my head out and handled my emotions really well considering. But now, my word, I am like a big emotional rollercoaster wreckage!!

I went to a christening at the weekend and I just wanted to run out of it as quickly as I had walked in!! There were gorgeous babies and pregnant bellies at every angle!!

I'm not usually an emotional person but over the last couple of days if I haven't been snapping someones head off or shouting at DF then I have been bawling my eyes out like a proper cry baby! And I am so tired, my energy levels have hit the floor big time.

Is it normal to still be feeling like this? Do you think the christening just brought it all back or do you think there could be something else at play? We are ttc now and I am 8 dpo today but I just don't know what's going on, my emotions have gone whacko!!

If anyone can help I would hugely appreciate it!

K xx

hi i miscarried at same time and i think you are expecting to much of yourself. you have a lot to contend with, the miscarriage and now at a point where you could be in the running to get preg again, i dont think it would be normal to loose a baby and just carry on. the whole time your mind is saying i shud be x wks preg now, my baby shud be this big. we lost grandchild to cot death 6 yrs ago and i still have days when a song or smell will have me boo hooing wanting him back so much my heart breaks. so please dont think there shud be a recovery time on this your baby will always have a special place in your hearts. sorry for rambling. good luck ttc, your time will come again :hugs: sarah x

i had a mmc by medical on the 29th july i was 16wks and i still sob my heart out now. i was suppose to get test results of baby yesterday but a few weeks ago i got a letter saying the 18th jan, so i phoned and kicked off now i got 2 wait til 16th nov which is a little bit better, i know im going to brake down on that day as i will find out what baby was and if we can ttc again weve been ttc for 14yr mc last yr at 7wks had ivf this yr so hopefully if everything cums bck ok we can have ivf again but 7wks after my mmc i got 2 + tests but then started bleeding 3days after :(

Hey Guys,
Thank you so so much for all your support, everything you all said really did make me feel better and realise that I'm not just some quivering wreck! At least not on my own anyway!!
Sorry I couldn't thank you all sooner it's been a bit of a rough week this week, what with all the symptom spotting that I just cannot stop myself from doing no matter how hard I try! Oh and not forgetting comments like 'She needs to get over this now, there will be lots of christenings to go to' from MIL to be which was nice and helped me no end!!!
But hey, life does go on after all and I am feeling fairly positive about it at the minute, even though the lovely af arrived today, just not our month I suppose. Here's to a big fat BFP for all next month I hope.

Thanks again though you don't know how much it means to have people out there who can help you when you really need it.

K xx

Here I was thinking i was losing it and being totally irrational currently going through natural mc at 4week and what should I be upset about, people have much worse happen to them, but I'm OK then suddenly weepy and don't want to go out for fear of seeing happy pg people - and it seems I'm quite normal!
Your reaction is normal, and mine is - doesn't take away from how bad we all feel but knowing I'm not a freak helps me - hopefully it will help you too!

It is totally normal hun, you will probably have more days like that in future I am sorry to say. I miscarried in March and my due date was 2 weeks ago, it was hard.
This is the best place to have a moan, we all know your pain. Over time you will cope better but you will never forget xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->