Is it normal to worry this much!!...

Kirsty88

Reaction score
The past week I have found myself googling all kinds of horror stories... Don't ask me why! It's my 3rd baby and I never worried this much with my other 2 so don't know why I am now. I just keep thinking "what if something goes wrong" "what if there is something wrong with my baby" etc etc....do any of you girls feel the same or am I just strange!!? X

I have Googled a lot of silly niggly little things with this pregnancy, particularly before the scan and before I heard the heartbeat!

I'm a little more relaxed now, the thoughts aren't as invasive anyway but I honestly didn't think I would be so paranoid with it being a second pregnancy.

I worry loads and for gods sake do NOT google!! If you have any concern just ask on here or talk to a doctor or midwife but googling is a bad bad idea if it's anything that could in any way mean there's something wrong with your baby, because the only stories your brain will pay any attention to are the ones where that symptom DID mean there was something wrong. To be honest this isn't specific to pregnancy! I refuse to google any health symptom I have or DS has because you get worst case scenario results every time.
But I understand your worry and I do too. It's natural. I saw a thing online during this pregnancy that actually made me tear up a bit but reassured me that the way I sometimes feel (like I'm going insane worrying about baby!) it's natural, it said "you're that baby's mum from the moment you see two lines on a test and you will worry about them until you gasp your last". It actually helps me to realise it's just a normal and instinctive thing.

I definitely worry tons! It's eased up through my pregnancy oddly, i think opening up to dh about some of my worries helped a lot for me

I can see how it's easy to worry. I am usually a natural worrier but have tried very hard to stay calm and let things happen. I will admit I have found myself breathing a sigh of relief after every normal scan result or heartbeat check. But my partner takes a very different view and sees no reason to worry unless we are told otherwise. Trying to take the same view as I feel it's good for the baby if I'm relaxed and feeling good. (But I do understand what you're feeling, it's not easy!)

Thank you for your replies ladies.. glad I'm not going mad! Yes I agree, it's best if I don't google!
Talia....that's such a lovely quote 😀❤ xx

The past week I have found myself googling all kinds of horror stories... Don't ask me why! It's my 3rd baby and I never worried this much with my other 2 so don't know why I am now. I just keep thinking "what if something goes wrong" "what if there is something wrong with my baby" etc etc....do any of you girls feel the same or am I just strange!!? X
I could have written this! I never worried in my first two pregnancies, I just figured everything would be fine, and it was. This time around I'm so anxious that something will be wrong with the baby, it sucks. I'm stressing about everything, from movements to a virus I had harming the baby, etc.

I had a midwife appointment this morning and told her about it and she was really understanding and that in her experience it can be a theme with third pregnancies that you feel anxious because you've done it twice you have so much more knowledge of what can go wrong than the first time around. It's kind of an ignorance is bliss thing, in her view. The more you know, the more you worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->