Is it normal?

beclou94

Reaction score
I’ve never had this with any of my other pregnancies, but this time around I’m having a lot of period type cramps! I’m only 4 weeks, and seriously worrying about every ache.

Totally normal! Cramps can start around implantation and last through first trimester. I’d say it’s more odd that you didn’t have it with you other pregnancies. It’s very common. Just the uterus stretching and getting prepped for the months to come. It’s very scary. I know I ran to the bathroom often crying and in fear expecting blood. As someone whose passed two babies at home plus a threatened third, I’ll tell you straight up there’s no mistaking an end of times cramp. First tri is scary but nothing to worry about unless you have moderate bleeding and/or severe pain. That being said, no harm letting your ob know. I email my doctor all the time. But it’s totally normal. Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Totally normal! Cramps can start around implantation and last through first trimester. I’d say it’s more odd that you didn’t have it with you other pregnancies. It’s very common. Just the uterus stretching and getting prepped for the months to come. It’s very scary. I know I ran to the bathroom often crying and in fear expecting blood. As someone whose passed two babies at home plus a threatened third, I’ll tell you straight up there’s no mistaking an end of times cramp. First tri is scary but nothing to worry about unless you have moderate bleeding and/or severe pain. That being said, no harm letting your ob know. I email my doctor all the time. But it’s totally normal. Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Thank you so much. This is really reassuring to hear. I’m so sorry you’ve had to go through those losses. :hug:

I’ve never had this with any of my other pregnancies, but this time around I’m having a lot of period type cramps! I’m only 4 weeks, and seriously worrying about every ache.
Yes, I think it's totally normal! I actually didn't think I was pregnant before my first positive pregnancy test because I was cramping so much, I swore my period was coming. And I had daily cramps from weeks 4-5, and they started getting a little more intermittent around week 6. Now in week 10, I get occasional cramps but not much at all. Ive had several ultrasounds since week 5 and baby is looking totally healthy! Cramps are normal because your uterus is already stretching so much, and the embryo is nestling in there nice and comfy. As long as they aren't paired with fresh bleeding, you are fine :) And even then, spotting can be normal as well.

Cramping is normal just things stretching etc.
if it helps I had no cramping with my miscarriage in June just sharp pains and that was it. And no symptoms.

Hey, congrats on your pregnancy! And yes, totally normal! It's often one of the first pregnancy symptoms - cramping like AF is on the way, but then no period arrives. Wishing you all the best for a happy healthy 9 months :yellow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->