Is it okay to jog throughout my entire pregnancy?

lcmorla

Reaction score
I should be asking my midwife these questions but my appt isnt until next month!

Depends on who u talk too! I was very active in my first pregnancy and caused myself a hemorrhage! So I was on bed rest for the rest of the pregnancy.

Usually the rule of thumb is, if you've already been doing it, And there are no complications, then u should be ok. Don't start anything strenuous. I think at some point you might get to uncomfortable to jog, but could still be active in other ways, ie swimming, yoga. As I'm not a runner though there are probably those who know better. You should be ok through the first tri though. I would stop if u experience any cramping or bleeding though.

Yes as has already been said, any exercise you did before you got pregnant is fine to continue because your body is already used to it.

I spin and weight train and have done so throughout both of my previous pregnancies and will do throughout this one. I just have to remember to listen to my body - if I need a break I take it.

Yes as has already been said, any exercise you did before you got pregnant is fine to continue because your body is already used to it.

I spin and weight train and have done so throughout both of my previous pregnancies and will do throughout this one. I just have to remember to listen to my body - if I need a break I take it.

This! If you're already active it's fine to continue. My wife is 7w+5d and still runs, does T25, and lifts weights :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->