is it possible to see a line then it disappear?

xpensivtaste

Reaction score
i had a bleed this morning and i'm still getting cramping but not due on until 29th. i'm on day 25 of my cycle but i decided to do a test early as i was a little unsure if it was AF or implantation. a minute or 2 after i did the test i could see a faint line. then it seemed to not be there anymore so i took it apart and the line is there but its thin..very thin and quite faint. i dont have a camera to post it. i think it may be an evap line but i know i saw something when i first did the test.....strange.

going to re test in a couple days. just wondered if anyone has had this happen? its a little strange and i dont want to get my hopes up for nothing.

just to add its a sainsbury's test and the line goes straight thru the middle where it should be. its just very thin unlike the line that goes horizontal which is thick.

First of all what colour is the dye ? If the its grey then its a evaporation line if its the same colour as other line then more likely and early BFP retest !! X goodluck X

:sex: :hug: :spermy: :dust: :baby: :laundry: :test:

https://davf.daisypath.com/QbRl.png

https://lt1f.lilypie.com/qmZP.png

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/dpo.png?d=1294293600;6;25;14

Mia Angel Fertility spell cast -28/11/10

thankyou...may i ask, out of interest why would the colour make a difference? and i shall be keeping my fingers crossed when i test again in a couple of days.
baby dust to you x

personally i wouldnt trust a blue dye test hun, they are bitches for giving false positives.
i would wait a couple of days then use a pink dye test, perhaps get a superdrug one as these are pink dye but also ultra sensative.

blue dye tests are quite common for a blue evap line to appear on and 9 times out of 10 do show an evap.
also it does sound like an evap to me. sorry.
as i said though wait a couple of days and use a pink dye test. does sound like it could have been implantation to me (your bleeding) fingers crossed for you. xx

I'm not sure to be honest. HCG doesn't usually show in urine until a few days after implantation - so if you had implantation spotting today, it wouldn't be in your system yet.

And it is possible to get a line that disappears - the dye always moves over the test line which can show a faint line - if it sticks, it means HCG has been detected meaning you are pregnant. If it disappears within a minute or two, it's negative.

That doesn't mean you aren't pregnant but it's little too early to tell for certain.

Best of luck anyway!

thankyou...may i ask, out of interest why would the colour make a difference? and i shall be keeping my fingers crossed when i test again in a couple of days.
baby dust to you x

I honestly don't no hun the dye only picks up urine with hormone init are u using first morning urine aswell ?

thanks for the replies everyone. yes i am beginning to think it was an evap line. its not like i expected it to look, i am guessing it was just a bit of false hope eh? but never mind. thankyou all again you've been very helpful x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->