• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Is it possible to squish your baby by bending over and whatnot?

EarthMama

Mom of 2 & pregnant!
Reaction score
Okay I'm 24 weeks and my belly is pretty round now and I can feel the presence of baby boy more strongly. What I'm wondering is what are the chances of squishing him in there by bending over? I'm physically active with yoga and I NEVER do anything that feels uncomfortable and modify my poses to fit my body, but sometimes I feel a bit of concern about squishing baby.

Ha I've thought of this but I highly doubt it :). Baby is basically in a waterbed that can't be squished too much or your body would know it and be in pain.

No, he is protected by balloon full of liquid. You will feel uncomfortable pressure as the balloon pushes on you long before before it hurts him.:flower:

My doctor said as long as I'm not in pain, theres no chance its hurting him :)

OMG thank you ladies. I love my yoga practice and need it to deal with the aches and pains of pregnancy but sometimes I've just been feeling a bit worried. I don't push myself like I used to but I really like stretching out.

I can feel him bumping around in there now so I guess everything is well :)

I doubt it, I've kinda noticed my bump doesn't.. bend? If that makes sense LOL. Like usually bending over I get rolls on my belly, but not anymore. Unlike Beyonce and her recent 'fake' bump :haha:

Apparently you're supposed to avoid forward folds, twists, and inversions while pregnant. I'm working with a yoga teacher and I never get close to a position that feels squishy. Maybe you could look into taking 1-2 prenatal classes to get the general guidelines?

My favorite stretch (up to today) has been a forward fold... whoops, lol.

lol, I had this discussion with my Mum a few weeks ago...

When I was born I had a squished up head and a crooked neck ((Its all fine now though!! haha)) anyway, she thought it was because she didn't get a very big bump with me, and could still bend over and work, and just do normal things. She is pretty convinced she squished me lol... But obviously I became less squished up as i grew :)

So even if you are squishing your bub a little bit, he should be fine! ;)

Apparently you're supposed to avoid forward folds, twists, and inversions while pregnant. I'm working with a yoga teacher and I never get close to a position that feels squishy. Maybe you could look into taking 1-2 prenatal classes to get the general guidelines?

My favorite stretch (up to today) has been a forward fold... whoops, lol.

I've spoken to my prenatal yoga teachers who say don't do twists, but I do still do slight forward bends and inversions as they still feel pretty comfortable. I never do anything uncomfy, but just want to make sure I'm not squishing anything! Definitely gonna cut back on the forward bends though. Inversions and backbends still feel nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"