Is it possibly to ovulate but never get a positive OPK? (cheapie brand)

LaBamba

2.5yr old daughter
Reaction score
I've started tracking and temping via FF - never had a positive last month and not this month even though FF says I should have ovulated yesterday/today

I get no lines at all on the tests - not even faint

Is it possible to still ovulate and get dud tests?
They were bought in bulk off eBay

You should have a very faint line as you always have lh. I'd buy a different brand.

Strange not even to get a faint line I would imagine the tests are faulty. That being said I never got a true positive opk with my last pregnancy (although I must've ovulated clearly as I fell preggo), but I did get an almost positive that tied in with my dates xxx

I had the same problem with a cheap brand. My doctor said if your cycles are regular they assume you are ovulating.

You have to be careful what brand you buy. There are faulty tests out there.

I know that it is possible the other way round - to have positive test but not actually ovulating. That was happening to me.

Hmmm I'm not even getting a faint line
Even the control line isn't very dark
They are Internet cheapies and I've bought 2 different brands off eBay but both are the same

Going by my temps (I have to admit they are erratic as I wake at different times) FF doesn't think I've ovulated either

I'll take a photo of the tests and post them here

Tests I bought

https://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae352/Cerise1985/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps5ragpi3w.jpg

https://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae352/Cerise1985/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpscnmagc4u.jpg

They don't even have a brand name...weird. I use Clinical Guard and have never had an issue. I got 100 opk and 20 hpt for $15. I'd contact that company and demand a refund.

They are from eBay - seems weird for both sets of tests to be faulty
Ok I'll email them as compared to the photo on packet tests are invalid

I think it's weird that those don't have a brand name.

Are you making sure to have as close to a 4-hour hold as possible? I've found that with cheap sticks I have to make sure I consume very minimal liquids for 3-4 hours before I test or I won't get a test line (or it will be incredibly faint), and sometimes my control line is also very faint that way. I aim for a 3-4 hour hold, and when I'm getting close to O (based on EWcm) I start using digi's along with cheap until I get a +. I have found that a digi will give me a + when my cheap ones aren't clearly + (just close) so I have to be a little flexible with the cheap ones.

IF you are looking for cost effective,check out a couple brands on Amazon. I use "Easy@Home", but have also heard good things about Wondfo. With my Easy@Home I think I got 100 tests (plus 20 pregnancy tests) for $30-40, something like that. You can get a smaller box but I bought it when i was first starting to track and knew I was going to be testing daily (or twice) until I figured out my cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->