Is it safe to put shelves over a cot?

N

Neecee

Just wondering if it's safe or better not to. It wouldn't have anything heavy on it, just baby stuff - like toiletries etc...

I wouldnt personally I am to safety minded and would be afraid of them falling down. i wont even put bumpers on the cot because somene told me they can case bad air circulation and the baby can get strangled on the cord!

Hmmm I'm not sure...I never thought of that! We are putting up a little sling to hang above the crib or just to the side to put little stuffed animals and such.

Personally, I didn't just didn't seem right putting a shelf above her cot. As long as it is put up right on a solid wall, not an inside wall, it should be fine.

xx

i dont think i would tbh id be too worried theyd fall down or something would fall off them!!

I wouldnt either just incase u will probably find urself worrying constantly!

I personally Never would! Theres plenty more space on the walls which doesnt have to be over a cot, or even get a little changing table or dresser
Xxxx

As long as they're well supported on a solid wall (not plasterboard) I wouldn't have thought there would be a problem with it if there's nowhere else to put them, but make sure they are completely out of reach as babies can get their hands surprisingly high once they start standing and trying to climb over cot sides!

Might be difficult to reach things on them if you're having to lean over the cot anyway x

i wouldnt either, i even took down the pictures that were above my LO's bed, i was that worried.

imo it just depends on how they are put up. though i wouldn't if its going to restrict getting LO in or out. i have a canvas over maddi's cot, but my dad, who owns his own building company, does all our diy etc so i don't worry when he puts stuff up (DH on the other hand is a completly different matter he he :rofl:)

Completely random but remember that earthquake a few months ago? that made my walls shake, if that happened something could fall off. Better to be safe than sorry, I worry about everything.

I wouldn't either, but if you know what's going on it and how it's going to be put up... so it's totally your call.

:)

Hmmm, I think I'll put them up somewhere else. Plus my hubby will be putting them up, so I don't really have a cast-iron guarantee that they'll stay up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->