is it too early to buy a pram

laura109

Reaction score
i know its really early but i have found a bundle that i really like. its mamas and papas and it comes with a playmat a baby seat a car seat etc. its a great price. i would receive the pram in 2weeks time. my mum has basically told me its early in her opinion. if anything was to go wrong i can take it back to store. what do you all think>

I think it is entirely up to you. A friend of mine bought hers at 8 weeks as she found a good deal and didn't see the problem if she could return it if something went wrong! Luckily nothing did and she is glad she saved so much money on it!

I suffer from a bit of anxiety so build up weird superstitions in my head, so have it in my head that I can't buy anything until after our anatomy scan. I'll also find out the gender then so to me it makes sense to wait- although the stroller I want is gender neutral.

So I think if you feel OK with it, go for it!

I bought my travel system at the same time as you because I fell in love with the very unique pattern and it had 25% off. The way I thought of it I would've been quite upset if it was discontinued by the time I reached 3rd tri, just kept it in the box until nearer the time. I'd never heard of the superstition, you can't wait until the last minute to buy everything realistically, especially the expensive stuff!

Go for it if it's a good deal. With my boys I waited until probably 24weeks before I felt ok buying things. I was very paranoid if I did anything I'd jinyx something. Now I am at 17 weeks and already have the closet for this baby put together and some clothes, books, paci, bottles, etc. ill be using re use all of the boys big things like car infant carrier etc.

Personal preference really so it's up to you.
I don't buy anything big until 24 weeks.
I've only bought 2 hats yet.

I don't think it's too early! If it's a set you really like I would just go for it.

Totally go for it, I'm not superstitious at all, I've always brought things early or when I've seen them on special offer, and made some great savings!

Thanks ladies. I appreciate your support. I dont really have anyone to get involved as my mums quite opinionated. It is maybee a month sooner than id normally do it but it is a great deal. Thanks again x

Opinionated mums can be hard! But do what feels right for you :)

With my dd. I think I had bought everything and even decorated her nursery by 21 weeks but thats just me. This time due to being a bit busier I have only just started getting ready not sure if its because its a 2nd and I already have the pram etc just needing to wash and clean everything, I dont feel the pressure like the 1st. I over bought on lots of things I didnt really need but was led to believe I did by shops etc.Theres no right or wrong. Do what suits you x

I bought my pram before I was 12 weeks! Can't resist a bargain!! 😁

I say go for it! I found a fantastic deal on my stroller and carrycot and went for it. I received them yesterday and i am only 14 weeks! lmao
Now theyre going to sit in my basement taunting me until december.

If it's a fantastic price I'd get it. Regardless of what MIGHT happen, you'll kick yourself if you don't. I had DS3's cot and bedding all set up at 30 weeks.

Thanks girls I ordered it.

I got a mamas and papas sola in wine red it comes with a carrycot, a maxi cosy car seat, adapters, cup holder, octopus playmat, seat with toys and a keepsake handprint memory tin for £620

I appreciate you all sharing your experiences. I try not to live by superstition :) thank you x

I would get it. We found a new one we liked that was on offer with my last pregnancy (our first is 4.5 now and the one we had for her has long since broken and gone in the bin). I did have a miscarriage, which was sad and we had to put it away in the storage room so I didn't see it, but it's not like it was more sad because we bought the pushchair. It would have been horribly sad either way. But now I'm pregnant again and we have it for when we need it and got a good deal. I think as long as you have a place to store it where it won't just be in the way for months not being used, then why not?

We've started looking for a travel system, not sure of the sex yet so will wait another 4 weeks of frantically looking then will probably get one. You'll get one when you feel its right :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->