Is it too early to talk about how we WOULD announce if BFP comes?

VioletsMommy

Reaction score
Because it's Christmastime and I've been thinking a lot about it. By the end of this week I will know if I'm pg or if the witch is coming for me, which means I still have shopping days before Christmas! And I just love to think about how I would announce to family if I got a BFP. I waited with V to announce because I was worried about mc, but when I did mc I really wished I had told more people, because it was so hard to be around people who didn't know what I was going through - so this time, I think when I get my BFP, I will be telling close family and friends right away.

My dad and I aren't close but we see each other at Christmas, and he's a motorcycle guy (complete with leather) - so I found these onesies on amazon that say "My Grandpa Rides a Harley" and I thought I'd get one of those, box it up and put a sticky note on it that says "Coming 2018" ;) My mom's going to know right away but I still might do something similar for her just to give that extra moment of joy. I haven't decided on family outside my immediate family (grandparents, etc) on when I will tell them, I may wait a little longer, or I may not be able to hold it in, lol.

Anybody else out there who likes to spend their TWW thinking of creative ways to announce for when you DO get that BFP?

Oh I totally plan this out every month I'm in the TWW :haha: I think that honestly I wouldn't be able to keep the news in for long, but in a perfect world, I'd keep it under wraps even from DH for as long as possible. I'm talking like a good 2, 2.5 months. And then totally nonchalantly drop the news in the middle of an otherwise mundane conversation over breakfast or something. Watch the shock as he hears the news....and then after we've spent half a day or so being happy and making plans, at some point he'd mention a month 9 months out....and I'd be like nope, try in 6 months buddy :haha::haha:

To be real though I'd have to try VERY hard not to run out of the bathroom screaming 'I'm pregnant!' like I did with our daughter :dohh: I've read some 'bun in the oven' type announcement stories online and I think that's pretty cute...like having something in the oven and waiting for him to get it... I'd probably end up doing something like that.

I'm already thinking of ideas as well!

I'd definitely tell DH first, hopefully I can get that BFP on a weekend when he is home from work (he usually leaves before we get up) or if not I might just leave the test and a note in the bathroom for when he gets home from work for him to discover.

My mum would be next to know, she actually had dreams about pregnancy with my last two, so it'll be interesting to see if she has another one and brings it up.

As for my kids, I will wait until at least the 12 week scan because it'll be hard for my 5 year old to keep his trap shut, but I was thinking about getting this book called "That's not my baby" from the "That's not my....." series that we love, and at the end where it says "That's MY baby....." i'll put the picture from the scan. They have the book in pink and blue form so hopefully we'll know the gender and can get the appropriate book. I'd then take photos of my boys reading it and share this with the rest of the family and friends. :)

To be real though I'd have to try VERY hard not to run out of the bathroom screaming 'I'm pregnant!' like I did with our daughter :dohh:

This is me, LOL. When I got my BFP with V, I could hardly believe it. I took pics, asked the internet, went out and bought a CBD, and when that said "Pregnant" I literally danced out of the bathroom to my niece in the other room and went "GUESS WHAT. I'M PREGNANT!" and then we danced, for like ten minutes. We were so happy. TBH she'll probably be the first to know this time too as she's here tonight and tomorrow night and I'm going to start testing tomorrow. Then it's call my mom at work freaking out, text my sister a picture, freaking out... lol. I just can't hide it from the people I'm closest to. Trying to think about maaaaaybe trying to wait till mom gets home from work though... I like the bun in the oven idea somebody mentioned!

If I we get lucky this month I'd like to fill a gift box with poppy seeds and give it to hubby for Christmas, when he asks what they are I'll tell him the same size of our baby!

With my son, when my CBD test said pregnant, I went straight to my husband and showed it to him. And then we waited until my 12 week scan to announce to immediate family and friends and some of our friends did not find out until our 20 week scan... I was very fit at that time and did not have a bump until I was 22 weeks!!

I just couldn't help and tested today and I maybe imagining a line on that strip. I will find out for sure on Friday. I am hoping to announce to DH in a better way this time than just take the test straight from the bathroom to him. I'm thinking if I'm pregnant, maybe wrap the test up in a small box and have him open it with the rest of the presents on Christmas (I will have to try to keep the news to myself though for that extra 10 days, which will be hell on me). We have been trying for over 18 months for our second and during this cycle, we BD so much that he was almost on the verge of asking for a break! So a happy surprise will probably be welcome.

As for family and friends... we are traveling to visit family in January, so immediate family may know this time around much sooner than last time. As for close friends, I may put a shirt on my son that says Big brother, take a pic and send it to them and wait for them to figure it out.

I would wrap the test up I’m Christmas wrapping paper and make him open it last.

I will tell my closest friend and he can tell his. Just got support in case something were to go wrong. Then all family and friend after the 12 week scan.

Good luck ladies

I'm 33 weeks pregnant and I've not announced to a lot of people at all - in fact, a LOT of our friends and family don't know. There is a reason for that though and that's a different story. What I can't understand is HOW have I managed to hide a belly for this long?! :rofl:

I'm 33 weeks pregnant and I've not announced to a lot of people at all - in fact, a LOT of our friends and family don't know. There is a reason for that though and that's a different story. What I can't understand is HOW have I managed to hide a belly for this long?! :rofl:

Haha! I didn't / don't announce my pregnancies on social media, but do post when they are born. I hadn't seen / spoken to lots of people with my 2nd and when I posted about him being born, I had a few messages saying "I didn't even know you were pregnant" or "I must have missed your announcement!" :laugh2: I only tell those who need to know!

There goes my plans on wrapping a test and putting it under the tree. I couldn't keep this to myself and two days ago told my DH I might be pregnant. And today left the test out in the bathroom for him to find.

:dohh::haha:

But, we are still waiting for 12 week scan to announce to everyone else. I might still do a t-shirt on my son to announce to friends and family.

I love thinking about when and how to announce. It sure keeps my mind occupied during this freaken dreaded 2ww! Great thread idea Violetsmommy O:)

This will be our third baby, and each time before I have always told my husband straight away that I was pregnant. I remember walking straight out of the bathroom, frer in hand to ask him if he sees the line!? Lol! This time I really want to keep it all to myself for a little bit. Not for too long, will see...

Also won’t be telling family until I am at least 12 weeks. Will see and maybe only tell my mom and dad and brothers so long after the first scan.

My kids are still really small, my son is 3 years old and my little girl is almost 2. So will see how they take the news of a baby in mommy’s tummy. My son will most likely just say “no mammie, I want chippies” and go abput his day haha! To be fair though he is a sweetheart and loves babies, so he might be thrilled!

I have looked online and saw these t-shirts you can buy from amazon, that says in big letters “one should always read the fine print” And then in small letters underneath in the corner it says “I’m pregnant”. So cute! But unfortunately they don’t mail to Australia so i am fresh outa luck on that one. So feel free to use that one if you live in the states. Xx

I will keep on thinking so long...

Baby dust to you all :dust:

When I found out I was pregnant in 2015 (turned out to be ectopic :( ) I got a gift bag that said I'm going to make you smile lots and lots, filled it with all baby,stuff then the test at the bottom

In TWW right now, and I’ve been wondering how I would tell my husband. Found out I was pregnant with #1 in Sept but had a MMC Oct 31. Anyhow, when I found out back then I was testin almost every other day after AF was due and finally woke up one morning and had a BFP, calmly asked DH if he wanted a cup of coffee, made just him a cup and put a spoon in it that I had bought a week before just in case lol the spoon said “we’re having a baby” with little baby feet on it. He stirred the coffee then got confused because I never leave the spoon and he took it out and saw the words and immediately started smiling like a fool and kept asking “really?” Over and over. I felt like that was such a great way to break the news of our first. Now gotta think of something new just in case!

I am in my tww. Only 3dpo. I'm hoping to finally get by bfp after 7months of casually trying. If I do this month I'm hoping I can hold off til Valentine's day to tell my OH. Just no idea how to xxx

When I found out I was pregnant in 2015 (turned out to be ectopic :( ) I got a gift bag that said I'm going to make you smile lots and lots, filled it with all baby,stuff then the test at the bottom

Aaahhh that’s really lovely how you told him. I am very sorry for your loss. :hug:

In TWW right now, and I’ve been wondering how I would tell my husband. Found out I was pregnant with #1 in Sept but had a MMC Oct 31. Anyhow, when I found out back then I was testin almost every other day after AF was due and finally woke up one morning and had a BFP, calmly asked DH if he wanted a cup of coffee, made just him a cup and put a spoon in it that I had bought a week before just in case lol the spoon said “we’re having a baby” with little baby feet on it. He stirred the coffee then got confused because I never leave the spoon and he took it out and saw the words and immediately started smiling like a fool and kept asking “really?” Over and over. I felt like that was such a great way to break the news of our first. Now gotta think of something new just in case!

I am so sorry for your loss hun. I saw a pic of one pf those spoons- such a clever idea and sweet way to tell the big news. Let us know what you decide to do this time O:)

I am in my tww. Only 3dpo. I'm hoping to finally get by bfp after 7months of casually trying. If I do this month I'm hoping I can hold off til Valentine's day to tell my OH. Just no idea how to xxx

Great idea to wait for Valentines day!!

My husband and I have been trying for years - he’s always squinting with me from about 8dpo so he knew straight away when we got pregnant. Our parents know too as we’ve had a few losses in the past and I was in hospital Christmas Day with this one, so we told them rather than make excuses about cancelling plans. I’m currently 6 weeks and just hoping it sticks but we’ve known how we’d announce it for a while - I don’t have Facebook or anything but he does, and we are both really into heavy metal and rock music - his favourite band is iron maiden, and we brought an iron maiden baby grow when we previously pregnant (sadly ended in miscarriage). When we announce we’ll take a picture of the baby grow and say - new metal head arriving in August! We might even put our dog in an iron maiden t shirt and announce he’s going to be a big brother with the baby grow next to him. Super cringe but I don’t want to post a scan pic as having been through such a horrible long journey I know how hurtful it can be to see one splashed on social media. I quite want to say something about our journey and infertility, but it’s hard to know what’s appropriate and what’s overkill. I just don’t want to make anyone else feel sad - and after three miscarriages and four years (plus we fell pregnant naturally this month, having only had full sex three times because I was ill, after we stopped fertility treatment in November, and were about to take a year break so I could start a new job without maternity leave available - so this really is a miracle baby), if this is really our turn, I think knowing that might make someone else hopeful and give them a bit more strength? It’s difficult!

Super cringe but I don’t want to post a scan pic as having been through such a horrible long journey I know how hurtful it can be to see one splashed on social media. I quite want to say something about our journey and infertility, but it’s hard to know what’s appropriate and what’s overkill. I just don’t want to make anyone else feel sad - and after three miscarriages and four years (plus we fell pregnant naturally this month, having only had full sex three times because I was ill, after we stopped fertility treatment in November, and were about to take a year break so I could start a new job without maternity leave available - so this really is a miracle baby), if this is really our turn, I think knowing that might make someone else hopeful and give them a bit more strength? It’s difficult!

I know what you mean about seeing pregnancy announcements splattered everywhere. I had a couple friends who got pregnant around the same time I got pregnant with Violet, but I miscarried and they didn't. I had to block both of them from my facebook because I couldn't handle it. Nothing personal, just that I couldn't look at it every day, you know? But to be honest, when I see an announcement from someone who has struggled with infertility and losses and endo and all the things I have, or some of them, etc... that just makes me so happy, because I know how badly I want it, I know what it is to go through all that, and seeing someone who has been through so much get their miracle just makes my heart happy. <3 Sending loads of positive vibes for your miracle!

With my first one I told my BF while he was driving haha. We always would joke if I said I was hot, cold, tired etc... He would say uh oh maybe your pregnant and I would laugh and say yeah ok. Well there was a few days in a row where I felt odd and just everything was annoying me I thought it was working full time and going to school full time and a co worker says you need to find tike to chill or your pregnant and we laughed. Yeah I was so told BF in the car when I said well I know why my nerves have been so bad and he says what your pregnant and started to laugh and I didn't he stopped watching the road I had to make him stop the car and told him yeah. He kept saying really and hugging me.

When it happens I'm not sure how ill tell my BF but I already have a onsie in my cart on Amazon that says oops they didn't it again coming in 2018. So let's hope she is coming in 2018

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->