Is it too late to change OB's?

Breeelizabeth

Reaction score
I've been having issues with my OB throughout my whole pregnancy. He's quite arrogant and just doesn't listen. I discussed my problems with my midwives at around 15wks and they told me to change. I thought I'd wait and see, it all came to a head on Friday when I mentioned to him that baby was slowing down - he didn't say anything or give me any reason as to why (didn't even say that's normal etc.) just said "ok." My blood pressure was also up (and I've always had very low BP even before pregnancy so any rise is quite unusual for me) and he didn't think anything of it. I feel like he doesn't listen to me, and I've been so scared to ask questions or bring up concerns the whole way through because he doesn't seem to give a stuff and I don't want to be made to feel like I'm a pain.
Do you think it's too late at 31wks to change OB's?
Maybe it's me, maybe I'm overreacting?
Anyone else in the same boat?

I was in a similar situation and could not decide whether to stay or leave until 36 weeks! All of my prenatal appointments felt very rushed that I could not ask questions. I turned to internet and my friends for answers and resources as it was my first pregnancy and did not know what to expect. However, I finalized realized that I do not want someone whom I felt uncomfortable/uncaring with be part of such an important event in my life like the birth of my very first child!

I was nervous about making a switch, what if the new doctor is just as rushed and uncaring? but I searched hard on online for a doctor that had good reviews and made my 37th week appointment. I am so glad I decided to switch! He was very informative, thorough and actually asked me what and how I would like to have my labor! I regret not switching earlier and not doing through research before I went to the first doctor. Although I could not make a decision until very late in pregnancy, I am so glad I had switched, I feel confident and comfortable with the new doctor and I need that reassurance before going into my very first labor..

Hope this helps and good luck!!

I would switch. This is way too important for you to worry about your OB's feelings.. this is your life and your baby's life at stake (not to sound dramatic) but what if you;re in the delivery room and you just FEEL like something is wrong and he still doesn't listen to you then? It could cost lives. Switch! You'll be so much happier! :hugs::hugs:

I'd switch. I could tolerate a doctor I don't like at appointments, but not during birth. The last thing you need during labor is extra stress - it will make you miserable and could slow down labor. Start interviewing alternatives asap. Two months is plenty of time to get to know a new doctor before the birth.

It's never to late to change. If you aren't comfortable with your doctor then it's time for someone new. I used Rate my MD to find highly rated ob's in my area and must admit, as a result, LOVE my doctor-he is amazing!

It's never too late to switch. A friend of mine switched OB's at 36 weeks because she felt that hers wasn't listening to the birth she wanted and made it more apparent toward the end.

If you're not comfortable with your doctor you need to switch to someone you will be comfortable with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->