Is it too soon????

Hayley_Shaw

Newly pregnant with #3
Reaction score
My daughter is 2 years old on the 4th June, and I am really ready to ttc#2. Just wondered what any of your thoughts are on siblings age gaps before approch oh for a serious chat about it.:blush:

We've been talking about it, but not had THE talk yet.

Thanks in advance.

Hayley

I was pregnant within 9 months of giving birth...so I have 18 months between all three children. It works for me but everyone is different.

I think 2 -3 yrs is a good age gap so go for it!

We were going to try again this summer (Emms is just 1 now), but because I am knackered as she has not been a good sleeper, we are going to wait until things are more settled (we hope) which might be this summer if we're lucky!

I get very sick early on in pregnancy so I want to feel more rested before going through that again!

yes this is something i think about too...i get soo broody sometimes but feel like i need to stop and have a proper think and chat about with mothers who had their kids close by, i think its nice to have 2 close together so they can be close and have a friend etc

I say go for it. 2 years age gap is perfect, Imo. If I do have anymore, my second (and last) will be when Lexie's 2-3 years old. :)

well i think thats why shes asking because she wants to be happy ? iits nice for mothers of 2 to share their experiences to help make a choice...If u feel ur coping with this one have a real think about everything , im sure it'll be ok.

well i think thats why shes asking because she wants to be happy ? iits nice for mothers of 2 to share their experiences to help make a choice...If u feel ur coping with this one have a real think about everything , im sure it'll be ok.

well i read it as that she was seriously considering it but wanted others opinions on age gaps... and I just meant that dont let other ppl judge!! :shrug:

me and my hubby are trying already as we only want the 2 and want them close together so they are close hopefully. personally i just want it all done and over with so we can enjoy the years to come. :)

well i read it as that she was seriously considering it but wanted others opinions on age gaps... and I just meant that dont let other ppl judge!! :shrug:
oh k, yeh thats true *thumbs up* @ not worry about people judgin !!
me and my hubby are trying already as we only want the 2 and want them close together so they are close hopefully. personally i just want it all done and over with so we can enjoy the years to come. :)

Thats kind of how im thinking as well, to get the hard bit out the way ... coz the hard bit is when they are few weeks old, the quicker is over and done with then u can get on to enjoy the rest of the years together :D (but then uve always gotta be thinking in the back of ur mind about money and wanting to giv children the best...i guess some people are blessed with it but not all of us are lol :p )

My kids are going to be 16 1/2 months apart, which I think will be kind of challenging, but I like the idea of them being close and having a "built-in" friend, etc. lol. My brother and I are 2 1/2 years apart and we are pretty close. My OH, however, has a brother who is 10 years older and they aren't that close, a sister who is 5 years older, who he is pretty close to, and a sister who is 2 years younger that he doesn't get along with as well as his older sister. It all kind of depends, I guess. I always wanted 2 or 3 years in between my kids. I think that's a pretty good gap.

Thanks for all your help. Me and oh are having the chat tonight:happydance:
So fingers crossed. Are daughter is all settled into a routine, she sleeps all through night, so having another wouldn't be that much of a problem.

Just need to find a way of approaching the topic later. :blush:

Been extremely broody. Does anyone else feel the same?

xxxx

Jake and katie have 4 yrs then i waited 8 yrs ....now ethan is 2 yrs 1 month and i am due in 2 months i think the age gap will be great xxx

Do whatever you think is right hun , there is no right time :) good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->