Is it twins? 3 weeks til next scan!!!!

Mumof4or5

Reaction score
This is my 5th pregnancy, first was a miscarriage followed by 3 healthy children. I can't Shift this feeling that I'm carrying more then one baby,the pregnancy feels completely different to my others, I'm exhausted and feel constantly sick without actually being sick.on my scan picture I'm sure I can see two yolks, this was taken at just under six weeks. As I was leaving the room the lady said she could of missed a twin but I will find out at the twelve week scan. Do they have to tell you it's multiple if they think it's not viable and will vanish,why would she say that? Can you lovely ladies look at my scan and tell me what you think. Thanks.this is my first post so please be gentle lol

Attachments

• _20170320_212242.jpg
    _20170320_212242.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 99
I wish I could help, but I don't know anything about reading sonograms. I hope that I'll be able to understand what I'm seeing when I have my first ultrasound in a week.
I know this wasn't the answer you were looking for, but didn't want to read and run.

Good luck at your next scan. :)

Thank you for replying anyway, thought I would of had more replies by now. Good luck with your scan in a weeks time.i will definitely come back and give an update on mine in 3 weeks time x

Thanks.
Awesome, well, I'm subscribed now, so if you post the update here, I'll definitely see it! :)

First scan I had with my twins was at 14+5 weeks so no clue what early scans are supposed to look like. Good luck with your pregnancy and birth either way!

Iv started spotting slight brown from last night, iv contacted my gp and he rung the epu but they can't fit me in til Tuesday. Iv felt so lethargic and constantly sick with this pregnancy and constantly cramped from the beginning. Has anyone had brown spotting and the baby been OK? This pregnancy has been completely different from my others from the start.waiting til Tuesday for another scan is going to be hard so just wondering if any of you had good outcomes after spotting and also if it can be another sign of multiples as I still can't Shift this feeling that there is more then one baby.

Thank you for replying. When I say constantly sick I mean it's like constantly feeling travel sick various times throughout the day or normally the smell of food being cooked triggers it,but I haven't actually been sick once. With my miscarriage I didn't even know I was pregnant until it happened and I was taken in, I was more tired then normal but that was it. I didn't feel sick with my boys atall, just hungry constantly and had backache, with my daughter I felt slightly sick in the morning with sore boobies. I didn't have any issues during my other pregnancys so this brown bleeding has freaked me out quite a bit, but Iv been Googling and it does seem quite common. I'm hoping my midwife rings before Tuesday with an earlier appointment, at least that way I will know everything is OK once Iv had a scan. You would think it gets easier the more pregnancies you have but this pregnancy has definitely shown me otherwise lol.im going to stay upbeat and not stress until Tuesday, well I will try anyway lol.

Glad yours arrived safely,I imagine twins can be such hard work at times? If they see two at the next scan I won't be surprised in the slightest, but I imagine the self dout and panic would set in if it is confirmed there is two in there. I'm just hoping that everything is OK and even if it's one baby I won't be disappointed, I will most probably breath a sigh of relief lol.there is fraternal twins on my mums side,but my mum never had any.is there any in your family or were yours a first?

Has anyone had brown spotting and the baby been OK?

Hey, so I had brown spotting last week (8wk, 3-4 days) but as of yet haven't seen my baby - but hoping all is well! My scan is on Monday!! Very excited and nervous.

Let us know how things go for you on Tuesday!

Hope everything goes OK for you on Monday can you let us know it goes for you and I will do the same.have you had any previous scans or will this be your first x

there is fraternal twins on my mums side,but my mum never had any. is there any in your family or were yours a first?

Okay, so my cousin on my Dad's side (My dad's brother's daughter) has fraternal twins and my second cousin on my mom's side (My grandma's sister's daughter) has fraternal twins, those are the only sets I can think of in my family.

Do you guys think either of these relations would have any effect on whether or not I would be more likely to have twins? I don't know the genetics of it all.

I have no idea which side passes it down either, all I know is identicals are where the egg splits into two babies and fraternal is where the woman releases two eggs, correct me if I'm wrong but I think fraternal are passed down but identicals are a fluke of luck?

Hope you manage to get seen soon and everything is OK. All pregnancies can be so different!

You can inherit the gene to hyper ovulate from either your mother or your father. So your fathers family history can influence wether you have twins, but a woman's partner has no baring on the matter.

I know there was a set of twins on my dads side. My grandad's mother delivered still born boys. But that was before my grandad was even born. No body knows what type of twins they were. No one else on either side has had any.

And yes, fraternal is a genetic trait that can be passed on, identical is a fluke. Mine are frat. :)

Did you know you were having twins before it was confirmed, sort of like a sixth sense or severe symptoms? Or did you have no idea until a scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->